Chapter 1

"This girl is dangerous, we can't let her disappear into the masses," pressed Red Robin.

"What do you suggested then?" asked Superman, looking at the young man, who was tipping on his computer rapidly.

"Well, we could have someone be her boyfriend to keep her close, while we work in the shadows. It would also be easier to get evidences if she doesn't suspect this boy to be a part of the heroes' community."

Batman and Superman exchanged a look and nodded, confirming they were okay with the plan. All they had to do was to start convincing the young woman that the boy they will be choosing had been in love with her for a long and was ready to do anything for her, even going fast and publicly loud about it.

"So who's going undercover?" asked Nightwing to his brother, who simply looked at him while thinking about it.

"Well, it can't be you, you're married with a kid, Red Hood, is supposed to be dead, so it will be hard to explain why he's all over medias and I don't have time to give to a real girlfriend, so image a fake one that wants to stay by you side 24/7?" they all looked at Robin, who was thinking hard about the consequences of this mission. It was not an easy decision, but the mission came first and he did want to prove himself to his father, he wanted to show him he was ready to take the mantle and more important place in the family business. This mission was his chance to do so, at this point he had made his decision and he looked at Batman and nodded.

The team went over the plans and the mission once again, adding Robin to the equation. They knew it would take at least a couple of months to reach their goal, but they had a job to do and like Batman always said: 'The mission comes first'. Superman and Wonder Woman looked at each other, they had a bad feeling about this one, they had felt an important shift in the magic around them in the last couple of weeks, and it was like a breeze of fresh air and flowers circling around the world. What they felt at this moment was pain and devastation, it was scary for the two superheroes, but right now they could only wait and hope everything would be alright.