V2 Chap 5 : The Deciding Battle

Comincia dall'inizio

Needless to say, this whole ordeal is as suspicious as it gets. If this meeting was legit, none of that would be necessary. Therefore, it's best to proceed with extreme caution.

Who knows ? This might be a ploy made by Tsukishiro, and the White Room student.

"Hmm I see." Kouenji smirked, before dipping his head and closing his eyes, reverting back to his Zen state. "I might be mistaken, Kiyo-boy, but I have the impression that something is strange about the whole situation."

Just as he said that, Kanzaki walked past our desks, which prompted me to look back and avert my attention from Kouenji. I stood up from my chair and greeted Kanzaki again, before joining the little gathering at the front.

Something's amiss huh ? How wonderful

The rest of the time was spent like usual, cozying around with my buddies and running through various things together. Honami joined us midway through and decided to play a quick round of Tic-tac-toe after returning from her Student Council's morning duties. Which was prior to the beginning of classes..

"Good morning, students." Right after the homeroom bell rang, Chie-sensei waltzed inside the class with a thin smile. which prompted everyone to straighten their backs and become serious as she stood proudly in front of the podium. However, there were some horrified expressions in the mix. "Ara~ Shibata-kun, why do you look so shocked ?"

"Sensei ! Isn't this way too much ?!" Shibata voiced out loudly, in a slightly amplified tone, suggesting some panic. Chie-sensei tilted her head, looking genuinely confused at the source of his complaints. "It was just yesterday when we finished a special exam ! Isn't it too early to have another ?! "

His concerns seemed to be shared by most of the class, and to be honest, I kind of felt the same way too. We've seen how ruthless the school can be, but they've never gone as far as to interfere with our break. They were at least gracious enough to allow us a short time interval before the Zodiac exam.

"Oh, so you're worried about that huh ?" Contrary to their restless faces, Chie-sensei flashed a warm smile before proceeding to clasp her hands together. "Your next exam won't happen until the end of the term, so be assured."

Her words soothed out the atmosphere, as many decided to let the air carry their stress through a long relieved sigh, which enveloped a content smile on their faces.

There is a considerably long period of time before the next exam occurs-3 months to be exact-which is pretty calming to think about. By this time, our preparations will be done, and we'll be ready to tackle any obstacle head-on.

"But~! It would be the longest and toughest exam you've ever faced so far ! "

"......huh ?" The short-lived coziness abruptly halted after her words came out, as the small bustle quickly faded in the background, ushering in a tense atmosphere yet again. Chie-sensei amusedly chuckled as he seemed to enjoy playing with our reactions.

"I'll be explaining in a short moment. But first, I want to get something out of the way." Chie-sensei cleared her throat, requesting everyone's attention. Being as obedient as they are, the class brushed aside her earlier statement and turned their focus back to her.

Seeing that she had everyone's attention, she flashed a smirk before setting her luggage on top of the desk-Which was only a tablet-Before leaning on both her palms on each side of her desk and scrutinizing us with an unreadable grin on her face.

Numerous boys immediately blushed, as her curves were more prominent, especially her cleavage, reminding them of what a stunning woman their homeroom teacher really is. Not that she needed it, since she was already popular.