I chuckled at the blonde woman.

   "There is no need. I honestly do not have an answer. My life is a little complicated at this time. It may as well change my future for all that I know. So, I cannot say what awaits me but I do hope for it to be better," I explained.

   Zoe hummed in understanding and smiled, "I see. I am sure many can agree with you on that."

   "Yes," I said, "Would it be alright if I asked a personal question, Zoe?"

   "Of course, you can," she chirped.

"How did you end up paralyzed from the neck down? Were you born like this?" I asked. I hope she does not take this as an inconsiderate question. I would just like to understand her more is all.

   "Ah, I was waiting for you to ask me that," Zoe said."

   "No, I was not born like this. Many years ago, an accident of my own doing had made me this way."

{+}{+}{+}

Third person's P.O.V

Fourteen years ago...

   "Happy fourtha birthtay, youngin'!" Lady Olympia exclaimed. She placed a cupcake with four candles sticking out the top in front of a little, sky-blue-eyed girl.

   Zamora Olympia happily clapped her hands and had a ginormous smile adorning her cheeks, showing off a missing front tooth. Her short, blonde hair waved around as if it were overjoyed too.

   Lady Olympia snapped her fingers and each of the candles' wicks sparked with a flame.

   "Make ah wish, girly!" Lady Olympia explained.

   "Kite!" Zoe screamed in joy.

   "Alrigh', just like we practiced then," the elder woman said. Zoe giggled and took a deep breath.

   She stuck her tongue out and blew a raspberry. Spit went flying everywhere and extinguished only three of the four candles. Lady Olympia snapped her fingers again behind her back and put out the last one.

   "Well done, girly!" Lady Olympia congratulated, clapping her hands. Zoe copied her guardian's clapping.

   "Coopca! Coopca!" Zoe cheered, unable to pronounce "cupcake" right. She reached out her wiggling fingers to the dessert and grabbed it. She took a bite out of the chocolate treat. It left a few crumbs stuck to her chubby cheeks as she chewed.

Lady Olympia chuckled, grabbing a wet rag and wiping the young girl's face.

"Aren't cha just the cutes' little flowa in the field," the old lady cooed, ruffling the four-year-old's hair. Zoe continued to eat as she watched her guardian run off to a different part of the room.

"We can't forge' the birthtay girl's present," Lady Olympia said before returning with something wrapped up in a blanket. Zoe shoved the rest of her cupcake into her mouth before reaching out for her present.

"Ah ah ah," she said, scolding Zoe, "You gotta finesh youra food befora gettin' dis."

Zoe obeyed and gulped the last of her treat down. Then, she excitedly reached out for the present.

"Pwesen! Pwesen!" She cheered, unable to say the word "present" correctly too. Lady Olympia placed the gift on the table before wiping Zoe's mouth clean one last time. Zoe whined, wanting to open her present.

   "Relax, suga'. I'm almost done. Then, ya can open ya gift," Olympia informed. The little girl relented her squirming so Olympia could finish. Once the rag was away from her face, Zoe immediately went to open her gift.