Chapter Forty: Voice From the Past

Start from the beginning

            “Morning Reece,” the sweet angel like voice says as I hear footsteps come into the room.

            “Morning Angel,” I say to her as I bend down feeling the ground for my shoes I wore yesterday that should be by the bed. My fingers finally stumble over what feels to be them and I take one into each of my hands and sit them down.

            “How are you?” Payton asks me and I sigh as I turn the shoe to where I can run my hand down the sides to figure out where the curve is to know which foot is which. Once I figure it out I put them onto my feet, which has taken a lot of practice to get down.

            “I’m ok, really don’t want go to school, but that’s all,” I lie a little bit not admitting the worries I have about Juliet or the pitiful feeling I have inside of me today. “How are you?” I ask her as I undo Riders harness and release him with the command. Then, I stand up taking a deep breath.

            “I’m alright, but I have to talk to the consular when we get to school,” she says as she gets closer to me, which I can tell by her voice being closer and her feet moving. “Will you be alright?” she asks me and I sigh. Honestly I will have to find my way around on my own, which will be next to impossible, so I will not be alright. Payton cannot baby me all the time and she has a life so she cannot always be with me. So I say the less selfish answer.

            “I’ll be fine, do what you need too,” I tell her and I feel her hand touch mine which causes the usual explosion of sparks.

            “Are you sure, I feel bed for leaving you,” she says softly as she steps close to me wrapping her arms around my neck. Reaching out I place my left hand gently onto her waist. I use my right hand sliding it up her arm over her thin shoulder and then against her neck. Then, moving it to her cheek where I run my thumb gently over the edge of her mouth.

            Leaning forwards, moving my lips closer to hers, I say, “I am sure.” Then, with that being said I lean forward and meeting my lips with her and it creates sparks of fireworks.

            As our lips move together in a perfect sync, I think back to last night. Last night after we woke from our nap we ate dinner, and the thought of her past was haunting every thought I had. I couldn’t and still cannot grasp what kind of man, no, what kind of human, could do that! After dinner Payton left for home and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t wishing she’d stay with me.

Valentine’s Day is getting close only a few days away so I am on a mission to come up with the perfect thing for her. She deserves it, she deserves the whole world. I pull Payton’s perfect body closer to my body as I hold her close. To be honest I am getting a little excited if you know what I mean as I our once innocent kiss becomes more serious as our tongues search each other’s mouth.

Deciding we are getting a little carried away, I tug my lips away from hers. “We better head out,” I say with an unsteady breath. Her breathing is ragged too.

“Yeah, we should,” she says and I smile.