CHAPTER 3 - THE MONSTER AND THE SUPERHERO

On the following day, the party went to the supermarket to buy some food and something to drink for Eddie. The drive was pretty silent. Ionna was seated next to Steve, who was driving. Every now and then, Steve looked in her direction. He saw, that she was thinking. She was worried. She had pictures of Billy's death in front of her inner eyes and was afraid, that this might happen to Eddie too. 
She was so in thought, that she didn't knew, that they were already on the shed.

Dustin jumped in to the door without knocking.
"Delivery service." he practically shouted and startled Eddie.

Ionna came up to the metalhead and gave him two blankets.
"Just in case." She said, as she looked him in the eyes. 
He nodded and murmured a little 'thanks' to the green haired ukrainian.

Dustin interrupted their moment: "So, we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?"

Eddie answered pretty fast: "Bad news first, always."

Dustin continues: "Alright. Bad news. We tapped into Hawkins PD dispatch with our cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you."

Max chirms in and contiinues further for Dustin: "Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy. Like, 100% kind of convinced."

As Eddie sat in his boat, Ionna came up in front of him and took his hand to assure him, that she is here and that they believe him. Eddie shots her a little smile and speaks up: "And the good news?"

Max answers: "Your name hasn't gone public yet."

And Robin follows the path: "But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak, right?", Eddie asks.

Dustin answers for him: "Exactly. So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence."

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie asks sarcastically.

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it." Dustin answers nonchantaly.

Robin now tries to assure him, that everything will be fine. 
"Listen, Eddie, i know everything Dustin is saying, sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have a few times, and i have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, i really feel we got this."

Steve now, chirms in: "We usually rely on this girl, who has superpowers. But, uh, those went bye-bye, so, so, we're technically in more of the, kinda, -"

As he doesn't find the right word, Max continues: "Brainstorming phase."

After a while of awkward silence, Dustin speaks up.
"I mean, we still have Ionna. She didn't lose her powers."

"Dude." Steve says, as he sees Ionna's head hanging low.

Eddie shook his head in all directions, not understanding, what he was hearing. He stops and looks at Ionna. "What? Hold on..what? Why didn't you tell me? Shit."

Ionna looks up to Eddie: "As if you would've believed me. I am a freak, Eddie. Probably more of a freak than you. I was afraid, that i might lose you. I wanted a normal life. I wanted to forget, what happened the last years. There is so much more i keep for myself, because, because it's too much. I didn't wanted you to be confiscated with all this."

Eddie nods in understanding: "You're right. I'm sorry. It's just, it's all so much, you know? Sorry, of course you do."

Then they're hearing sirens and Eddie covered himself with the tarp.