CHAPTER 7 - THE LOST SISTER

"You're the girl, Billy doesn't shut up about? I don't know, what you did, but you must be good."

That's what Max told her and she couldn't get it out of her head. She knew about Billy's father. Not that he told her that. She saw it in his head. It was an accident. She didn't plan to enter his mind, but she could feel his pain. His mind was screaming at her and she just wanted to know why. It was the day, Billy came home with her after school.

They were laying on her bed, as he told her storys of California. He even talked to her about his mother. She saw her in front of her inner eye, but he didn't knew that. How could he. Ionna was afraid to tell him about her powers. He probably wouldn't want to hang out with her anymore, if he knew about her past. Of what she did. How many people she had to murder. Of the day she snapped. She was scared to let him know of all these things. She felt a connection and Billy felt it to, but she didn't knew that. They both didn't want to lose their new found relation in their lifes, so they both decided, to not tell the other their deepest darkest secrets.

"Do you have a favourite song?" Billy asked Ionna eagerly.

"Not really, I guess. I love 'Cities in Dust' by Siouxsie and the Banshees or some songs of Depeche Mode, like 'stripped' or 'Christmas Island'. Do you have one?"

"Nah. Sometimes i think 'hey, that's the one' and then i hear something better and then it's an endless circle of songs, i think could be the one, but actually isn't. For now, i love 'Rock you like a Hurricane' by the Scorpions. I always feel badass, when i blast it."

"Oh yeah? I didn't notice." Ionna says sarcastically. They both started to laugh. As they stopped, they were looking deep into each others eyes.

"You don't need to play tough, you know? I see, that it's just a facade. You don't need to be ashamed of your vulnerability."

Billy just stares into her eyes. He doesn't know what to say. And that was the point, where Ionna felt his pain and saw his memories of those times, where his father, Neil, abused him, punched him, degraded him. 

"If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, i'm here.", she assures him.

"I don't know what to say.", he says, shortly smiling to himself, completely overwhelmed by the kindness towards him.

"It's okay.", she said, almost in a whispering tone and took his hand. Just holding him. Being there for him. So, they layed there in comfortable silence.