CHAPTER 5 - THE FLAYED

Meanwhile the others are screaming like they're dying, Ionna sits down next to some of the boxes, knees to her chest, and tries to hide her bloody nose.

"Shit! Shit! We're going down! We're going down!", Steve shouts frantically.

They trying to push the buttons, to press onto anything to open the door. After a while the elevator slowed down and came to a halt. Robin asks: "Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, I'm great, now that i know that russians can't design elevators! I think we've clearly established, that those buttons don't work.", Steve half-shouts.

"They're buttons. They have to do something.", Erica says.

Ionna, now okay again, chirms in: "Yeah, if we had a keycard."

"A what?", Steve asks with wide eyes.

Ionna explains: "It's an electronic lock. Same as the loading dock door. If we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning -"

"We're stuck in here.", Robin completes the sentence.

Erica turns to the older teens: "Just so you nerds are aware, i'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if i'm not home for uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat."

Dustin, frustrated with Erica, shouts: "I don't care about Tina! Or uncle Jack's party! Your mom's not gonna be able to find us, if we're dead in a russian elevator!"

"Hey. What if we climbed out?", Robin asks.

"Excellent. How?", Ionna asks sarcastically.

It seemed like days, as they were sitting in the elevator. Ionna slumbed down next to Robin, Steve in front of them, Erica anywhere, but not near the 'nerds' and Dustin pacing around, speaking in the walkie-talkie. "Code red, i repeat, code red. Does anyone copy? This is a code red, i repeat, code red. We are innocent children and we are trapped under Starcourt Mall. The red army has infiltrated Hawkins, and if we are found, they will toture and kill us. -"

Dustin wanted to tell more, but Steve interrupts him: "Hey. Gotta take it easy on that thing. Gonna drain the battery."

"The Mall just opened."

"So?"

"So, someone could be in range."

"What do you think, Petey the mall cop is gonna rappel down here and save the day?"

Dustin whispers to him: "All right, why are you such a cranky pants after getting to spend the night with Robin and Ionna?", he smirks at the last part.

Steve shushes him: "Shh! Jesus Christ. Will you just give up on your creepy dream already?"

"I heard you guys talking all night.", he says, still smirking.

"We were trying to figure out a way to open up the door, while you children were sleeping. After eight hours, we're still exactly nowhere, which is, you know, probably just a little bit of the reason why i'm feeling just a tad cranky."

Then he goes more in the direction of the girls and unzipps his pants. Robin turns away from him: "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like i'm doing? I'm taking a leak. Look away.", he says.

"Can't." Ionna says nonchantaly, as she practically stares.

"Look away!"

"Can you redirect your stream, please?", asks Robin with a disgusted look in her face.