8: 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖆𝖙𝖍𝖙𝖚𝖇 Pt.2

We sat on the hood of my car parked on a deserted road watching the sun set, or at least I was. Black looked down in horror. How did he end up taking the news harder than I did?

"Why?" He asked me, completely ignoring his informal language, he didn't address me properly for the second time that day.

"Sorry?" I said having my bubble of day dreams burst and turning my focus to Black, "What caused this? I want to know." he still ignored the way he addressed me, I didn't mind though.

I found it comforting knowing that this wasn't just part of his job, this was his humanity. His words felt like knives cutting through me I had never spoke about it to anyone before.

I inhaled deeply holding back tears, "What I'm about to tell you in completely confidential, you speak or mention this in any way to anyone even me and I will make sure you never see the light in someone else's eyes again." I said coldly and promisingly.

He moved back slightly at my serious tone of voice and knew, that was a vendetta.

"I was about 5 years old when it happened, my... My brother, Azazel, was elsewhere with my father. My father was and is a cold person who beat any woman he saw, including me.

Three weeks after my birth my mother ran from my father. My father wanted Azazel to have no competition..." I paused and a single tear fell from my cheek.

"I was... I was in the bathtub with my mother bathing me, she was in the bathtub with me at that moment and we were playing around splashing each other, laughing and giggling.

My father stormed into the bathroom and looked at the water spilled onto the floor, he grunted and gritted his teeth, my mother held me tight as I started to hyperventilate.

He took out a revolver and shot her right in the head, her head split open and I could see her brain still moving as I was still in her grasp. The blood spraying all over the white room covering myself and her body. She faced me when she died and I saw her final moments of life leave her eyes.

My father shot 5 more times emptying the barrel and I saw each shot she took to her head. I was paralyzed and once he left the bathroom I screamed, I didn't stop screaming for 20 more minutes even when the maids took me out of the macabre scene.

My father got fed up of my crying and used brass knuckles to knock me unconscious, that's how I got this scar right here." I pointed to the scar that went through my left eye.

"I was traumatized that day after seeing what my father had done to my mother. After that day life was only harder, I was trained till my bones broke and I would have no one there for me but myself.

When Zero came along I was 12 years old and although Zero was my half brother I saw a repetition of my life in his eyes. I knew I would never let that happen, and in and 5 years after that I had emancipated myself from my father and took Zero with me.

I ran, I ran from the mafia and never looked back, I made sure Zero never looked back either. I just kept running and running until I knew I couldn't run anymore and now I have to run yet again."

I was pouring tears down my cheeks by the time I was finished speaking, Black cradled me tightly, he didn't know much about my life in the mafia, all he knew was I was a model and a pretty face with a brain.

He knew everything now, I felt defeated, I was motionless yet again he was apologizing frantically.

"It's not your fault," I said through my tears while holding onto him, "I should never have contacted Azazel without consent, Azzy" he said softly nuzzled into my neck.

"Its fine- Wait did you just call me 'Azzy' ?" I said in shock, "I-... My apologies Mistress Senzerino," he said letting go of me and bowing his head at me.

I leaned forward and kissed his cheek while caressing his other, "I prefer Azraelian instead, okay Black?" I whispered in his ear playfully.

He laughed knowing only Zero called him Black. But he was amused I did the same now, "As you wish, Azraelian" he said playfully.

"You know my brothers name wasn't the first option, he said he wanted his first born to be 'Azrael' like the demon, but when I was a girl he changed it to 'Azraelian' and my brother became Azazel" I said trying to lighten the mood.

"I think Azraelian is one of the most extraordinary names I've ever heard" he said brushing a stray hair out of my face.

I felt butterflies fluttering through my stomach.

We got back into the car and drove home, his hand on my thigh through the whole drive only leaving me when he needed to switch gears.

I didn't notice as I was subconsciously bouncing my leg up and down, he squeezed tightly making me pause. I exhaled sharply and stopped shaking my leg.

I got home and face planted straight onto the sofa, I felt Black lifting me up and carrying me over his shoulder.

He put me down on my bed, Theodore came and ran up beside me and laid on my chest. I felt his fur and heart beat while I sat on my bed. It reminded me of those night's as a child I could sit on my bed and couldn't sleep.

Back then Azazel had a heart and would come sleep in my bed next to me. We shared a room. After our mother died Azazel was engulfed in a burning hatred for me.

Where did my darling brother go?

Vote ;)