Chapter 23 (Edited)

Start from the beginning

I moved the computer into her lap before moving over to the window seat. A small growl caught my attention, and I looked down to see the little mutt of a dog, that Wafilia had, glaring up at me from underneath the bed. I lifted my upper lip and growled softly, causing the mutt to move under the bed and leave my sight.

I looked up when I heard Cooper laughing, my whole body tensing.

"You are talking to that piece of shit?" he sneered. "Why the hell are you talking to her? She is nothing but-"

That did it. I growled and wrenched the laptop from Wafilia's grasp. I could feel my anger getting the best of me. "Listen here, Fucker and listen good," I snarled, not caring that I was cussing. I could tell that Cooper was surprised that I was there.

"Ry-"

"No, don't you dare say anything, Boy. You can make my life hell with everything you got, but you will never make someone else's life miserable. You are an asshole, and you need to grow the fuck up. My brother has been only been your friend because I told him to."

Cooper snorted. "I-"

"Who do you think he chooses, Coop?" I interrupted him. "Me or you? Who do you think he will back up and die for?"

"Me of course. I mean you did-"

"Eeeenh. Wrong answer, Bucko," I said. "He would choose me. Know why? It's because I'm still a better person than you. The only reason that you are not in the ground right now is because I told him not to beat you up when you had beaten me up." I snarled. "I can't believe that I am supposed to be with someone the likes of you. She is different, yes. That doesn't mean that you have to be a piece of shit because of it."

Cooper didn't say a word. His mouth was open and he had this shocked look on his face. "He..."

"He would choose me in a heartbeat just what I would do with him." I sighed, feeling my anger start to fade. "You need to get off of your high horse. You've all ready lost the one that was made for you, so I don't know why you are hanging on." I glanced at Gigi. "Gi, I'll talk to you later. Tell my brother to call me sometime tomorrow. I need to know what's happening." With that I hung up the call before placing the laptop down.

"Ry?" Addy asked, cautiously.

I glanced at her, causing her to shut up. "Not now," I said. "I'm tired. I'm going to wipe this makeup off and go to bed." With that, I went into the adjoining bathroom and washed my face before going to where I had laid out my quilt. I laid down and pulled the cover to my chin before falling asleep.

A small whimper and something warm pushed up against me, causing me to open one eye. The small mutt was laying by my side, probably knowing that I needed some comfort. He placed his head on my shoulder before he closed his eyes.I sighed and closed my eyes, falling back asleep.

***

The next morning, I woke up early and left, knowing that I couldn't stay. I was still pretty angry about what had happened and needed to leave. Yes, I did leave a note for them to tell them that I had left, but I did feel slightly guilty for not staying.

I shook my head and sighed when I saw Vulcan with my helmet and bike. "How long were you here?" I asked, even though I knew that he wouldn't answer. "Don't tell me that you had stayed here all night."

He shook his head no before he handed me the helmet. After I placed it on, he handed me the keys.

"Did you just know that I was waking up, needing to ride?" I placed the keys into the motorcycle and looked at him.