Xavier hugged her back. He felt releif wash over him and his anger was gone just like that. She was like a magical pill. Stay with her for less than a second and you're soothed of your emotional pain.

"I'm really sorry, Xavier." She sobbed into his chest and his heart melted hearing her cry. It wasn't her fault. He wanted to tell her that she didn't need to be sorry. It was him who was meant to be sorry. He came into her life and ruined it.

"You can't blame yourself for what other people do. It's illegal." Xavier said quietly. He felt so bad that she was blaming herself for the mess he's made.

But she thought he was talking about what Kane did back in the dining room. She forced herself to stop crying and pulled away from him. She remembered she was running away from there before midnight. So, it would be better if they stayed clear off now.

"Yeah, it's illegal." She scoffed as she wiped her tears with a smile. Xavier smiled back and they sat there in comfortable silence.

Soon the others were done eating and it took Xavier to deliver a speech to get everyone to go upstairs including Kane. Nel didn't see any problem in him wanting the both of them to be alone since they were more comfortable around eachother. So she joined in urging everyone else to go upstairs.
They washed the dishes and talked about some random online books and comics. It turned out they have similar taste in books and comics...

*0*   *0*   *0*

"Did you pack clothes? At least one pair of shoes?" Kane sat on the bed and tried to help Nel pack by listing some things since he was already done packing in her other backpack.

"Yes. I've already packed those." Nel sighed with a hand on her hips and staring at her open backpack. Packing was hectic, going or coming. At least she wasn't packing a box.

"What of bra and panties?" He said with a smirk and a deeper voice. Nel's breath hitched as she widened her eyes.

"Hell with you, kane." She gasped and picked up something from behind her then threw it at him. He caught it with ease but when he opened it up, they left their mouths open.

My...

         Bra.

Nel just rushed into the bathroom to stay. That was soo embarrassing!
Kane sighed and smiled at where she disappeared through. He knew how pissed she was with him. So he decided to set things right starting from that night.

Soon, Nel's done packing and they sat on the bed, playing the randomest of games. They just made it up.

"This game is so dumb." Nel rolled her eyes as she plopped herself on the pillow. Boredom crept in. They planned leaving 10:40 and it was just 10:00. It felt like so much time for Nel. She knew she could escape on her own as at then but she had to wait for the lights to go out, just to be safer.

"Let's watch a series then. Anime?" Kane raised his phone with a wink and she clear as day knew what that will meant.

"Demon slayer? I thought you've gone through till the ending." She deadpanned and he chuckled.

"Nope. I wanna see what's in BroCon." He gave a wild smirk before going through his Me tube.
Soon enough, he found the first episode. Nel was less enthusiastic so he laid down and wedged the phone on the head board for a good view. Kane was engrossed while Nel was lost in thought.

Her mind wandered to when Xavi came on evening patrol. He was even more exited to see her. But when he was about to leave, she told him goodbye.

Xavier turned back and creased his brows.
"What do you mean goodbye? I'll still see you tomorrow, right?" The joy on his face changed completely to confusion. He walked back to her when her reply was a silent faraway look.