Chapter 1

Nellyda's POV.

'I feel gooooood'
That was the best thing I could do for myself once I left the airport. I just felt home again. Here in Maryland, where I belong.

I took in the welcoming, fresh air that sent my hair flying into my face while I took in the view of the city standing akimbo.

Finally, ain't it?

I was done with my first year in college, able to stay alive through the hustle and bustle in the last few, long months. And now I'm back. Ready to have the time of my life.

I went across the street to the car park and hired a taxi. I gave him my destination and he nodded nicely to me and signalled to the back seat for me to hop in.

Beautiful place, Beautiful people.

I decided not to go home just yet. I decided to stay with grandma for a week. She was going to go crazy seeing me. Soo happy. I could just imagine how she would react seeing me.

Nellyda. You didn't even tell me you're coming over, Dear!. My energetic grandma would say.
That was all that filled my mind all through the drive and I couldn't help grinning wildly before I noticed the familiar street with a black gate and high security Grandma stays in. I couldn't wait to see the guards again. They were such nice people. I can't help waiting to talk to them again.

Then the driver spoke up snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Can't go any further, Ma'am." The driver said stopping right in front of the gate and taking a look at me through the rear view mirror.

"No worries. Thank you." I assured him and handed him the money he deserved before getting off of the cab followed by my trolley bag. He thanked me and drove off while I waited till he was out of sight. Then I sighed and went straight for the gates.

Here I come grandma was all I thought as I opened the smaller gate at the left of the big gate. Then I stopped in my tracks.

Huhn?!?

What the...?!

The street was a complete desert?! No houses?, no security?, no nothing?... Only sand?! And that was completely odd!

What is my city turning into?

I sighed and stepped backwards out of the gate completely terrified and taken aback. I closed it and locked it from the outside so that I won't be tempted to see what exactly is wrong because I wasn't exactly in the mood for mystery.

I looked to my right and there was another gate, just the same as the one I was standing in front of. I cautiously rolled my bag along with me to the other gate so I could see if I was going to tell mom that the street where Grandma lives is missing or it was really the street.

I peeped to look inside as cautious as I was to know if I'm to freak out or just walk in like normal times when I don't have to be looking for grandma's street. It was worrying.

There were houses at least but nobody on the streets like normal. Not even the usual welcoming guards that was one of my best features in the street that chatted at the security check-up point and made visitors feel welcome.

The feeling that something was wrong kept bugging me, making me alert. So I played safe and walked quickly, staying at the far end of the side walk just to avoid any harm coming my way.

When all the thought bugging me died down a bit, I thought of going to pay a visit to my best girlfriend.

Miley.

The thought of seeing her again after soo long made me zone out a little. She was magic. Magical. She was the best friend you could ever think of having even though we're complete opposites.

I opened a small wooden gate, noticing her house and walked the two steps to her front door like it was mine and knocked.
But no answer.

I knocked twice.
No answer.

I knocked thrice.
No answer.

Maybe they went out like... unusually?

I started giving myself happy thoughts as to why they couldn't open the door and let me in. It hurt a little.

Then the feeling that something was still wrong crept back into my mind srceaming for me to evacuate this area.

I started to walk down to grandma's to ask questions because I had soo many to ask her. Things were weirdly odd.

Before I could reach the porch before the front door, I heard steps, very slobby steps that forced me to look back. To turn around to be horrified...