Part 4

Y/n grabbed her backpack and a larger bag with her personal stuff and got ready for the road. It was early in the morning and everyone was still sleeping. Y/n was used to early mornings but she didn't know if Optimus was. Y/n waited in the main room where the ground bridge was. She then heard the heavy footsteps of Optimus. Optimus noticed y/N next to the door that led to the outside. 

"To where do we need to go Y/N?" Optimus asked softly, smiling at Y/n as he made his way to the ground bridge. "To Jasper, we pick up the cargo or whatever they give me and we drive it to the town close to Jasper Nevada. It shouldn't be long or heavy" she said casually as she stretched some more, Optimus watching her closely but then putting his attention to the ground bridge, typing and pulling the lever. 

The ground bridge was opened and Optimus turned into his truck form and opened his door for Y/n to enter. Y/n threw her stuff into the passenger seat and took her place in the driver's seat. She rubbed her hands together excited to control the robot truck "nice" she said. But Optimus stopped her when she got her hands on her wheel. 

"ah ah ah, that won't be necessary miss y/n" Y/n crosses her arms and pouts in her seat "that's no fun. I was looking forward to driving my new robot truck." As she pouts Optimus put a belt over her to secure her in his seat as they were on their way. There was silence when they drive through the portal and Y/n got sick quickly. "I won't get used to that," she said putting a hand over her mouth. Optimus opened the window and she leaned over to get some air. When the cold air hit her she shivered "brr is cold" she said. "Shall I put the heating on?" "you can do that??" Y/n said excitedly. Optimus let out a huf almost like a laugh. "Of course" and soon the heat hit Y/n face. 

"ahh this is pretty nice" she said as she melted into the leather of Optimuses seat. "you have quite an amount of stuff" he comments to the bags on his other seat "well yeah, it's all of my belongings, my entire life". There was silence for a while but then Optimus spoke again "May I ask why you choose your job" Y/n giggled "you can ask me whatever you want Optimus. Well ever since I was young I didn't really get along with others. I am a loner, and sometimes it is easier that way" "What about your family? Miko is your family friend am I right?" "oh i looovee my parents, they provided me everything even if I'm not theirs really" "what do you mean? don't humans need to reproduce to create an offspring?" y/n starts to laugh, leaning onto the wheel that lit up every time Optimus spoke "I see you are familiar with the concept of human reproduction. But no. Humans can also become parents by adopting. Taking a kid that is not biologically theirs but took it in, raised it as its own. That's what mine did with me" Optimus hums "interesting. The human species is quite complicated" "yeah" she said looking into the distance "it is...." 

Before they knew it they got to their destination in Jasper. "Ok you stay here I will get the cargo" y/n walked over to the other end of the parking to talk to the man about the cargo.  When Y/n got everything sorted and the cargo was attached to Optimus, y/n jumped back in her seat. "all done big boy, let's hit the road" she said leaning back into her seat. Every time Y/n made a comment at Optimus, his engines would turn up a bit until he quickly composed himself. 

They were in silence until Y/n started to make conversation again. "Hey, I know you explained to me a bit about you and your enemy or whatever. But I still don't get it. Why does this guy want you dead exactly?" "It's quite a long story miss Y/N" "we have time, I told you to stop calling me miss. I will start calling you sir, big boy" she said crossing her arms. "My apologies. Megatron is a complex being, lost in his own idealogy that led our planet to its demise. The way it all started was when the high council did not accept his proposal of a better world and did not choose him as Prime."

"interesting, so he got jealous and went after revenge?" she rubbed her chin when a ping of pain when trough her head making her flinch "Y/n are you alright?" Optimus asked as the review mirror turned towards y/n "yeah just a headache. Had a lot of those recently" "shall we stop?" 

"No, it's nothing serious. I will drink my pill and I will be fine" Y/n said leaning over to her bag to grab the pill for a headache. "do you listen to music Op?" y/n asked while typing on her phone "not really" "you seem like you would like classic, or jazz" "I am not familiar with those type of music" "let me show you" Y/n said and started typing all over his control panel "Y/n I do not possess the ability to produce music" "oh that a bummer. Well we will just listen from my phone" she let the jazz music play as she leaned into the warm seat. It was relaxing "it is quite different" Optimus comments "I knew you would like it".  As they were enjoying the soft beats of the jazz y/n started to drift into sleep. As she was falling more and more she didn't notice her seat leaning back softly as Optimus made it more comfortable for her. 

Optimus was looking forward to their adventures too.