𝟷 ✯

Music was playing and echoing through the walls throughout the building. It wasn't even midnight yet and the place was already crowded. Some of the people were already drunk while others were shouting and dancing around. Here, everything that was happening was quite normal, usual. To enter this famous place, you had to pass an opened door in an old and seemed like abandoned building with no light inside, go downstairs and follow the neon signs and only then you would be able to discover another world.
A young man had just found his way down here. He stood straight and away from the others. He seemed quite different, both in his manners and in his outfit. No man would come to this place dressed in such a beautiful suit. Generally, people come here to relax, spend the little money they have, and above all, have fun. The regulars here are middle class people, all dressed quite simply, no signs of wealth.
The newcomer sat down at a table far enough back from the crowd but close enough for him to see the reason for such sudden excitement. The volume of voices went up a notch to welcome a young woman to the stage. She was smiling, even proud of the heartwarming welcome. She walked up to the crowd and swayed her hips to the rhythm of the music.
The young man observed her, his eyes not leaving her body. He was staring at her, not paying attention to the others and what they would shout at her.

-You're a good slut!

-You're doing well, you whore!

Vulgarities that were quite common for her, who didn't even seem to pay attention to them. The men were mostly excited by the outfit she was wearing, a pair of mini-shorts followed by a light top that she had just removed revealing a piece of her underwear.
All applauded her and encouraged her to continue.
They all shouted a name in unison, S a i.

The young woman put on a show. She was dancing on stage and seemed to be having the time of her life. The most amazing moment for everyone was when she used the iron bar in the middle of the small round stage to dance on and hang from.
The new guy had already had a few drinks and seemed to be intrigued by her. He had the impression that she was looking at him several times but he shook his head to forget this idea, it was impossible that she was looking at him, especially with this crowd around the stage in the middle. He looked quite lost, like a young boy who was drunk for the very first time of his life.
When he looked up to see her, she was no longer alone but accompanied by another girl. Two young women, each as pretty as the other, were dancing to satisfy some completely wasted and surely unhealthy men. He was repulsed by the situation, he didn't even know what he was doing here. He was about to get up and leave when he saw one of the dancers coming down from the stage to join him.
He settled back in his seat to let her do her show on him. The other men did not look at her anymore, too focused to watch her colleague on stage who is much more naked. She walked towards him, confident with a rather provocative look on her face. She settled on him and began to dance against him.
Strangely, he did not find it disturbing, rather pleasant that such a popular woman, with men, is interested in him only. He watched her move, titling his head slightly, with a smile beginning to form on his lips.
The young woman's gaze couldn't help but look into the man's eyes, she too with a smile drawn on her blood red made up lips.

-What is a man like you doing here? she asked, bringing her lips to his ear.

-A man like me? I have nothing special, dear. he said, putting a hand on her back.
What is it about me that attracts so much attention from the fabulous Sai?

The young woman laughed at his last sentence. She who considered herself a simple girl when she was off stage.

-You have an advantage over me, you know my name but i don't know yours. Tell me, handsome, what is your name? she said, sliding a hand on his cheek.

-My name? what's the point of knowing it, i won't come back here. I just wanted to see what was going on inside and why is this place so popular in this neighborhood. Now I know.

-What a shame, I won't see you here again. We could have had a lot of fun though. Sai said with a disappointed pout.

She then got up to go and see another customer not far away or else go back on stage. The young man then got up to grab her hand and pull the young woman against him to speak close to her ear.

-Even if I stay here tonight only, we can still have fun in the room next door, you know. he said while moving his other hand along her back.

-Have fun next door? you're mistaken, dear. I'm a stripper, not a prostitute.

She looked at him one last time before breaking away from his arms and heading back to the stage. Before going upstairs, a few men had slipped banknotes between the strings of her top. Once she was up, the atmosphere changed again, the shouts resumed and banknotes flew above the dancers.
Sai continued to look at the young man she had just met as she swayed against her friend's body. She was provoking him, showing him what he would miss if he didn't come back to her. He stood straight in front of the stage, slightly backed away from the others. He approached only to throw a banknote over the young woman.
Of all the bills that were lying around on stage, she took the one that belonged to him before slipping it into her chest, smiling. She knew it, she had won.

_______

The young man had been waiting outside for at least half an hour. Leaning against the wall, he seemed to be waiting for someone at the exit of the building. He was about to walk away with a sigh when someone who seemed like a woman walked past him.

-Excuse me, miss?

The young woman turned around to look at who was calling her. Dressed in ripped tight jeans and a black oversized t-shirt with a cap and a backpack, she was totally unlike any other girl in this joint, yet he had a feeling he knew who she was.
He approached her to take her hand and place a kiss on it.

-If you don't mind, i'd love to come back and see you perform, Sai.

The young woman has a rather visible corner smile in spite of the weak light of the street lamps. She kept her head low enough to not meet the stranger's eyes.

-You must be mistaken Sir, i'm not Sai. But I'll deliver her this message. Now, if you'll excuse me.

She pulled her hand away before giving him a rather mocking bow. She then stepped back to leave.
The young man looked at her back as she disappeared into the dark alleys of the city.

-Don't worry, darling. I'll be back.