"Marquis's subordinates?"

Sparing them a brief glance, Pei Yuanxian returned his gaze back onto Shen Liang soon after, as though questioning, why was the Marquis's servants with the bandits? He didn't believe that these people had sacrificed themselves before the bandits to save Shan Liang. Had they had that much loyalty, Shen Liang's fate wouldn't have amounted to being exiled to the countryside.

"En, I wonder if Your Highness would be willing to help me send these remains to the Longyang County not far ahead?"

He hadn't even returned yet and others had started to put so much effort in him. Wouldn't it be too disappointing and unworthy of their efforts if he didn't return with some souvenirs?

"It's no bother. Tianquan, take some men and escort the young master Shen back."

As though seeing through Shen Liang's plans, Pei Yuanxian was filled with interest. His title as the Imperial City's number one playboy was not exaggerated. 

"Yes."

The Ironclad Guard who had been called out responded in a deep voice. Shen Liang scowled but it was almost imperceptible as he lowered his eyes and stood up to bow, "I thank the Duke."

The other party obviously wishes to participate and observe. It was the equivalent of helping him though and Shen Liang didn't have a justifiable reason to object, much less the power to do so.

"Shen Da's younger brother is far more intriguing than the rest of those fools of the Shen Family."

Wave the wave of his hand, Pei Yuanxian proceeded to close the carriage door when Shen Liang called out, "Your Highness..."

"En?"

The gaze that had been withdrawn once again swept over to him and Shen Liang, who had only asked for help out of impulse, almost fell into a trance from the suddenness. Shen Liang lowered his eyes to conceal his emotions. When he raised his head once again, the indifference had returned to his expression, "Does Your Highness know this one's brother?"

The matter concerning his brother must not be rushed. He needed to proceed with caution and slowly. Most importantly, besides Qi Xuan and Qi Yue, Shen Liang couldn't trust anyone else.

"No. But Huo Yelin does."

It wasn't that Pei Yuanxian could sense Shen Liang's defenses, but rather that he didn't care. He also didn't trust Shen Liang and neither of them amounted to much in the other party's eyes.

But Pei Yuanxian and the War God Huo Yelin had a good relationship?

Having derived such a news, Shen Liang felt comforted slightly more. It was just that if Shen Liang wished to build a connection with Huo Yeling, it would be inevitable that he would have more interactions with Pei Yuanxian. His instinct told him this man was dangerous, that it was better to stay far away from this man, but...

"Shen Liang will come to pay his gratitude in the near future," Shen Liang said. 

For the sake of his brother, even if Shen Liang had to traverse a sea of swords and fire, Shen Liang would be willing, not to mention interacting with Pei Yuanxian, regardless of how dangerous the Duke was.

His black obsidian eyes were filled with determination. Shen Liang clenched his fists. There was still a year's worth of time remaining. He had to save his brother.

"Liang....Fifth young master, your arm..."

Seeing that blood seeped from Shen Liang's arm, Qi Yue couldn't help but call out in a low voice with concern. At the same time, it would allow Pei Yuanxian to notice his blood-stained arm. With the furrow of his brow, Pei Yuanxian then made a gesture with his hand and signaled, "Have young master Shen's injury looked at."

"No need. I'll have to bother Your Highness to just escort me back to the Marquis Manor."

After coldly rejecting the Duke's intentions, Shen Liang turned around and returned back into the carriage. Seeing this, Qi Yue followed closely behind. Qi Xuan remained in the driver's seat but naked concern permeated her face.

"Oh? Doesn't wish to owe this honored one too much?"

What an intriguing little one. Clearly he was only in his teens, but he behaved as an elder. Amongst his actions permeated a noble demeanor and every word he spoke stoked Pei Yuanxian's intrigue. 

The Ironclad Guards separated out a portion of the corpses from the mount before trailing after Shen Liang's carriage. As their entourage passed by Pei Yuanxian's carriage, Shen Liang clearly sensed an oppressive force, but that sensation dissipated immediately after the brief brush by. Within the carriage, Shen Liang allowed Qi Yue to clean and bandage his wounds as he casted aside all thoughts regarding Pei Yuanxian. Instead, his mind begin to fill with thoughts on how to exact his vengeance. How to deal with those animals at the Marquis Manor.

"Your Highness, the young master Shen's words weren't a lie. The young master of the Elder Princess was indeed found from the bandits's den. There is no foreseeable threat to his life in the moment."

Pei Yuanxian didn't leave. The Ironclad Guards also followed the trails that eventually led them to the den. 

He raised his eyes. Sarcasm saturated Pei Yuanxian's expression, "Have the news of the young master's circumstances reach the Elder Princess's ears. She will understand how to proceed. It will suffice for the Elder Princess to remember this deed. As for the old emperor, I have no need for him to remember our merits."

"Yes."

The Ironclad Guards were not without indignation, but could only comply. The old emperor's suspicion and doubts with them inevitably made chilled their hearts.