Festival Feast of Spirits

A/N: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! While still planning the jailbreak rescue Aaru Village is throwing their yearly Wag Festival at the temple Cyno's family protects. Hope you enjoy some Halloween Music this chapter, cause trick or treat gimme something good to eat~! We never get to meet Cyno's family but I'm assuming they are alive I will be naming Cyno's mother, "Priestess Zahra" and "High Priest Cairo" until we know more. I hope you enjoy Lumine & Xiao's duet.

Lumine's Progress: 15 weeks(Jul 13 - Jul 19). She's also got her energy back and quite the appetite and also her severe morning sickness has gone buh bye~! *throws confetti* Oh one last thing I'll be pressing the fast forward button on Lumine's progress at super speed once Nahida is rescued.

-Quick Help Key-
Deshretian/ Desert Folk = Ancient Egyptian
Wag Festival = Real life ancient Egyptian festival that shares similarities with Halloween and Latin America's Day of the Dead.

Lyrics: "Moonlight Blue" by Miracle of Sound.

........................................

Laughter and excitement filled the air as everywhere you looked Deshretian style decorations unique to the desert folk's culture were being handed and placed everywhere. Desert roses, poppies, cornflowers, irises, water lilies, and even the fanning leaves of papyrus plants filled the streets of the village as even torches were placed in various places. The smell of wine kegs being pulled from cellars and loaded into the horse drawn carts and various goods and offerings put on the stumper beasts' backs that afternoon before heading out.

The citizens even welcomed their Ermite kinsmen with warmth and smiles as chatter filled the excited crowds. Many of the people dressed in the traditional clothes of the Deshretian Empire before its fall. The men were now sporting linen kilts and some even had the tops of pleated robes. The woman wears rather simple but beautiful wrap around gowns or sheath styled dresses and sandals. Jewelry gracing their body. The excited, playful children dressed similarly to their parents.

Over at Candace's home, Paimon was watching the scene go by with Hermes and Aquila with interest and curiosity. While in the next room over, Lumine chuckled as Xiao was nuzzling her growing belly, rumbling purr escaping him with such fondness.  Xiao had grown far more affectionate and actually since arriving in Aaru Village had been seeking her out, more eager to snuggle to her surprise. 

But she didn't dislike it as she sat here in her dear yaksha's lap in her nightgown. As of today she was fifteen weeks and now there was no doubt to everyone's eyes that saw her what her condition was. What had barely been a bump was now very noticeable visible even through her dress she'd been wearing. The baby bump had enlarged and rounded over the course of two weeks and was still growing.  Xiao's behavior too, as he gave in and indulged the whims of his instincts and desires. Constantly leaving at dawn every few days and coming back with enough meat, poultry, fish, and fruit to sustain not only the village but herself. And always like some excited puppy his eyes would light up in joy before trying to feign ignorance.

"Xiao, are you going to let me get up?"Lumine chuckled. "Everyone is going to be waiting for us, you know."

"Hmph, five more minutes. I want to hold my little family a little longer."came his soft hum as he contently rested his head on her shoulder, a hand stroking her belly. It wouldn't be long now before they would soon be able to feel Vesperus and Solis moving...Just a few more weeks. Their plan to rescue Nahida was going smoothly and they would leave next week. However a knock on the door caught their attention during this quiet and tender moment. "So much for quiet time."he thought with a sad sigh letting Lumine up. The blonde hurrying over to open the door to find Candace.

"Candace!"greeted Lumine with a bright smile, earning one in return.

"You're both looking well rested, Lumine and Alatus."Candace greeted as she entered, holding some clothes in her arms. With care she set them aside for Lumine on the bed.