The Withering

[A/N: Xiaolumi help Tighnari gather herbs for Collei's condition. However the small group are alerted to a danger not even Xiao has seen before!? Hope you enjoy some Magi OST since I'll be using that a lot especially in the 2nd half of Sumeru. Before we start here is a quick info on tiny Hermes the Seelie.]

Hermes's Abilities: Capable of finding people Lumine has met/knows, Abyssal Corrosion Immunity, higher awareness then other seelies(he's practically a puppy dog), lets Lumine talk with others via projecting her thoughts and being a "mood ring" sort to speak. Created by Kairos to be Lumine's first familiar from a baby anemo seelie she altered. Serves very basic tasks as a messenger, information gathering, and tracker. A gift to her daughter for having 4/7 of her chains in the seal broken. Named it Hermes after a very old story from Enkanomiya.

..................................

The soft sonnets of the tree frogs and nocturnal wildlife of the jungles of Sumeru flowed strongly on the soft dry season breeze. In a few hours it would be dawn as the branches of the mighty tree shook a little as shimmering golden vermillion feathers fell down with the falling leaves. With the silent ease of a stalking tiger the figure vanished only to reappear inside the lone hut. On the bed laced with fever lay the greenette forest ranger trainee. On one side of her bed a plush red rabbit-like ragdoll lay beside her head as coughs raked her body as the figure stepped into the moonlight.

Something gave off a very very faint light in his gauntlet hand as he slid it under her pillow. Collei slowly opened her eyes in a daze to see the figure standing in her doorway was Xiao. A soft gleam in his golden hawk-like eyes that glowed in the light of the brand new moon that had been created. Carefully he motioned with his finger for silence. It felt strange but her neck wasn't aching and her fever had dulled.

The soft scent of lotus and other herbs she actually was not familiar with greeted her nose. The soft tune of a flute greeting her as Xiaos sat just outside on top of her roof. The melody carried on the wind as one little bird landed to observe in curiosity, letting out a happy chirp as the light of dawn approached. He was no healer but he hoped his clumsy attempt at the sachet would help Collei keep that dark energy he had sensed at bay if only for a time. He had seen the faded scars and puncture scars of needles along her neck only confirming his suspicions. He had also spent all night investigating some of the old sites Tighnari told him of. With a frown he gazed towards the hut Lumine and Paimon were sleeping in as he let his flute vanish. "This isn't starting well, all the old sites we used either got destroyed by humans, the cataclysm, or consumed by Manara..."he thought, biting his lip in concerned frustration. This was definitely not starting out well. He needed somewhere safe. Worse case scenario they could try the desert, but he hoped it didn't come to that.

 Worse case scenario they could try the desert, but he hoped it didn't come to that

"Eleazar?"

That early morning Lumine had gone to check on Collei, even having gone so far as to make some fishermen's toast and berry tea. Only to find the boys at her hut just as Tighnari had finished treating Collei. Tighnari had also seemed to be whispering to Xiao about something that had surprised him. At their request Tighnari had taken them further away with Xiao not far behind. Paimon was gawking at the fennec fox beastkin in disbelief at what she had heard. Tighnari had not realized who Lumine was until Xiao and Collei had told him.