Deja Vu

A/N: The festival has begun but soon to Lumine's horror she's been stuck in a dream world for days, until Xiao and Nahida lend their aid; Nahida reveals somebody unexpected had been protecting Lumine from the Akasha. But...not without tragedy striking. Enjoy this song epic music for this chapter for our special cameo, at least I hope you do.

-WARNING-

Contains scenes of authority abusing power, endangerment of lives, and human experimentation!!

.......................................

It felt bad having to say farewell to Xiao outside the city's gates once they arrived. But he had assured he'd be waiting on the outskirts once the day was done and the festival over. Encouraging her greatly to go enjoy herself while also gathering more information and leads on Lesser Lord Kusanali. Reminding Paimon to make sure Lumine stopped to eat when she had to do so. So they had for now parted ways while Xiao did his own investigation on the dendro archon. Meanwhile Lumine and Paimon with tiny little Hermes leading the way soon found Dunyarzad. Still, why couldn't she shake this anxiety she had been feeling since entering the city today? It felt strange.

Faint emotions at the back of her mind that didn't belong to Xiao. They seemed angry and upset or maybe even scared? She was not entirely sure. All she knew was this sudden splitting headache that came just as fast as it left. Paimon looking at her in concern as She stopped to hover in front of her friend, waving her hand in front of her face as Hermes tilted its ears in concern.

"You alright? Do you need to go sit down?"Paimon asked.

"Huh? Oh, um I'm fine Paimon and Hermes. Just got lost in my thoughts for a moment there."Lumine was unaware as the leaf hologram around her ear faster than anybody could see had flickered with a golden hue, not green. Then before anyone could notice, it had changed back to green. It had been at that moment Lumine had felt a sudden eerie chill like she was being watched. "Probably nothing but I should remain alert."she thought, offering a smile to her seelie and companion.

"If you say so. Let's hurry and find Dunyarzad and Dehya, Lumine over at the Grand Bazaar. Oh Paimon hopes we didn't miss the festival with everything that went on this last week..."Paimon urged, frantically rushing ahead. Tiny little Hermes looking eagerly to Lumine like some puppy expecting a game of fetch.

"Oh we're on time. I made sure to keep track of the date and the festival is tomorrow according to Dehya. So slow down, would yeah?"chuckled Lumine. Breaking into laughter as her seelie familiar spun expectant circles in the air. "Ok Hermes, go find Dunyarzad. Go search." At those two simple words Hermes dashed off right past Paimon in typical seelie fashion. Stopping to look back and make sure his mistress and the floaty thing were keeping up. Satisfied they were Hermes followed the unique aura trail his target gave off. He could also see the burny red trail that followed it. He was a clever seelie; he only needed to encounter the races once to learn. It did not take long for the tiny seelie to come to a stop in front Dunyarzad squawking happily.

"Oh I know you, little one."giggled Dunyarzad scratching the tiny seelie just behind the ear. "Which also means..." The burnette quickly started looking around before hearing a shout of greeting from Lumine and Paimon as the girls approached. "Traveler, Paimon just as you promised! I'm so glad you made it back in time for Lesser Lord Kusanali's birthday but I don't see Lord Xiao with you."

"Xiao's busy purging the forest right now. Festivals like these always draw out the malice of bygone deities, evil spirits, and the like. So he's in a way doing his part to ensure the birthday girl can enjoy herself without worry."giggled Lumine with a bright smile.