"Uh, riding on a fairly wide board a few inches from the ground and moving along a thin rope at a height of fifteen meters is not the same thing," Pete smiles wryly.

Vegas squints, not without irony offering:

"If it's so scary - there is a '7+' rope track here - three meters above the ground. Well, or absolutely for kids '3+' - there is generally a height of one and a half meters and everything is fenced with a restrictive grid. Which one to pay for you?"

Pete frowns, looking like a real spitfire right now:

"No way. Once you have dragged me here, you will lead me along those ropes yourself."

"But I chose the most difficult track."

"I can handle it," the omega says stubbornly.

Vegas nods, secretly - as he thinks - smiling to the side.

They are given equipment - helmets and belay devices. Safety briefing and they are offered to start practicing with carabiners first on the ground. Vegas deftly wields large metal "hooks", and Pete, blushing and nervous, can't remember because of excitement which of the two carabiners needs to be rearranged first.

"Pete, move them away from you all the time. And do not remove the carabiner from the cable until another one is secured."

"Yeah."

Well, you're such a quick learner. And I'm being stupid in front of you and, it seems, I'm finally burying myself in your eyes.

Obviously, having seen enough of his husband's "torment", Vegas picks up his carabiners and shows how to thread the loops in the joints on the cable with them.

"Your turn."

Pete takes a deep breath and tries to do everything the way Vegas showed. Another minute, and the "intractable" belay finally gives in to him. Pete looks back at Vegas. The latter's dark eyes seem to be smiling. Pete winks at him: at least he did something.

And not without your help.

After making sure that they are ready, the instructor takes them to the entrance to the track. Vegas goes up first. The start is on a flat platform located around a pine trunk. Pete doesn't feel comfortable even looking at how his husband is somewhere out there, too high, completely calmly ready to start passing the first challenge.

"Go up, please," the instructor tells him.

"And is it possible for two to one challenge?"

"Go up to the start platform, Khun."

Okay.

Pete gets up, feeling his knees tremble - and he's just walking up the stairs. The familiar chill bites the spine, radiating to the limbs.

Please... not now.

Pete tries to breathe through his nose and think about something good. And don't forget to look at his feet. When he steps onto the platform, he hears the husband's soft voice:

"Everything will be great. Don't look down and don't forget what you've learned. Half an hour, and you will not notice how you will hold on to the air."

Pete stares at him and nods. And Vegas adds:

"And remember: I will always be waiting for you on the other side. Don't be afraid of anything. Just keep going to me."

Pete nods again. Why did I agree to this?

The first challenge is passed by Vegas in a couple of minutes. Pete, on the other hand - although this is still only a rope bridge - tightly clutches the belay rope from the side with his hands and messes there three times longer than his husband. He exhales only when he gets to the platform, where the omega's foot slips awkwardly, but Vegas manages to catch him, wrapping his arms around Pete.