Chapter 4

Hold on to the air... What else did he come up with?

Today, Pete, in black, with white stripes, sports breeches and a white T-shirt, behaves as quietly as possible at breakfast. However, as well as at last night's dinner. Vegas is wearing a tight bright green jumper that covers his hands to the wrists, and long black sweatpants.

Doesn't he want to scare others... or just me?

Pete suddenly feels uneasy. Whatever it was, but it saddens the omega to realize that even next to him, his husband, Vegas can't feel free, constantly hiding his mutilated body under layers of clothing. But Pete doesn't know what to do with his fears either.

"So where are we going?" the curious omega asks his husband.

Vegas puts one hand on the wheel and turns the engine on with the other:

"What an impatient kid you are."

P-f-f. Yep, sure. I can't even ask you.

Pete sulks and turns to the window:

"And where is your driver?"

"Ours," Vegas corrects him. "I want to drive you there on my own today."

Pete purses his lips, still sulking. On the other hand, those beta servants, with whom Vegas' estate is filled, make him feel sort of insecure. They are too unnaturally silent - for two days Pete has not heard a single word from them. And always looking "into the void". Where did he just pick up such ones? However, in order to calm himself down, Pete decides that all this is just his imagination. The stress of the last month and the life circumstances that have changed too dramatically are affecting.

They are travelling for about half an hour, Pete opens the window and just "chokes" on the freshness of the air:

"Where are we?.."

Out of the corner of his eye, the omega notices Vegas' lips stretching into a satisfied smile:

"There are a lot of pine trees growing at these heights. And you and I will soon get to a real pine forest."

"Hmm. And what are we going to do there? What does your 'learn to hold on to the air' have to do with it?"

"A little more patience, Pete."

The omega grunts again and sticks his slightly upturned nose out of the Jaguar window, inhaling incredibly fresh air much deeper.

It's soothing. That's what Pete needs right now.

"We're here," Pete hears the alpha's voice above his ear.

Uh... what?

Vegas quickly gets out first and gallantly opens the door for Pete. Embarrassed, the omega mutters:

"I'm not armless. Why these ceremonies..."

Vegas just gives him another condescending smile. Just an evanescent one. One that wouldn't have had time to scare Pete. And this makes the omega uneasy again. Vegas grabs a light sports jacket for him from the car:

"It can be chilly here sometimes. After all, we are high up in the north of the country. But first of all, you will definitely warm up well."

Pete is surprised they came here. For the first time he is in a pine forest, where rope tracks with various challenges are stretched between huge slender trees.

"Actually... it's weird. I doubt that I will manage to 'grab the air' in time."

"Don't worry. Belay device is provided in the equipment. Besides, you're a skateboarder, right? So you know how to keep your balance. And this is a big advantage."