"He he..."

Shen Liang laughed sarcastically. Sure enough, this was Liu Shuhan's handiwork. In his past life, as he was saved by Liu Shuhan's brother, and Liu Shuhan had always been someone concerned about saving face and putting on a façade, Shen Liang had always taken Liu Shuhan and them to be his savior. Thinking back on it now, his stupidity had really reached an extreme.

"Liangliang..."

Although she couldn't understand why, seeing Shen Liang's smiled, Qi Yue and Qi Xuan couldn't help but feel more uncomfortable. 

"Grandma Wei, hurry up. The bandits are not that far behind."

Outside the carriage the coachman's urging voice sounded again. Shen Liang could tell the two of them were in on this conspiracy together immediately. Otherwise, as the legitimate heir, Shen Liang was still here. His presence still had to be respected. What intentions did he have to call out to an old servant instead?

"Fifth young master, you better take a stance for the good of everyone, Otherwise, none of us will make it."

Hearing the coachman, Grandma Wei's eyes filled with harshness and her tone was stern. Shen Liang didn't delay this time. He slowly stood up and the white-washed attire could not hide the nobility engraved in his bones. He carried himself the same way the nobles within the Imperial Palace would. Grandma Wei and the frightened Jin Zhi who wanted to add fuel to the fire could not contemplate just how Shen Liang was able to cultivate such a menacing temperament from  living in the rural countryside all these years.

"You're right. I am a scourge. But have you ever seen a scourge who'd be willing to sacrifice himself to the sake of others?"

"What do you mean? Ah..."

"Ah... Grandma Wei..."

Taking advantage of Grandma Wei's momentary stunned trance, with the raise of his foot, he kicked Grandma Wei out of the carriage. What followed was the thud signaling the harsh impact of a heavy object meeting the ground. Jin Zhi was frightened and shrieked and the sounds of the bandits who were originally drawing near gradually ceased.

"Fifth young master, you..."

"I forgot about you!"

"Ah..."

Recovering from her trance, Ji Zhi face grew more pale as she pointed a trembling finger at him. Shen Liang kicked her out as well without a second's hesitation. Shen Liang was not clear on whether the maid played a part in this conspiracy but just for her blatant disrespect, this maid could not be kept at all. He had returned from the dead. Before he passed away, his arms had been severed and his eyes gouged out. In his heart, not the slightest affection nor tolerance remained. To treat his enemies with compassion was to treat himself with cruelty. This time, he only wished himself well.

He turned around and saw Qi Yue and Qi Xuan staring at him dumbly. A momentary sadness coursed through him. He didn't know whether they would be able to accept this kind of him, who was no different than a demon. But the him right now had no time to comfort them.

"Fifth young master, I'll have to offend you!"

"Liangliang, be careful!"

The curtain of the carriage was ripped off and the coachman stabbed at him with a sharp dagger. The carriage ran freely without the coachman's control and Qi Yue and Qi Xuan cried out in fright. Qi Xuan rushed forward and held onto the coachman, seeking to control the coachman.

"Qi Xuan, let go!"

Seeing her do such, Shen Liang called out in fright. Taking advantage of the slight moment when Qi Xuan released the coachman, utilizing what inertia he had, Shen Liang rushed over to knock the coachman out with what little martial arts Shen Liang knew. With just a moment's work, only the three of them master and servants remained in the carriage. Especially after he had kicked off the three people, the bandits were also momentarily occupied. The distance between the carriage and the pursuers increased, but only momentarily. After realizing none of the three people who were kicked off was the target they were pursuing, the bandits once again chased firmly after.

"Qi Xuan, to me! We must save ourselves. As long as we make it a bit further, the bandits will not dare pursue any further."

After disposing of Grandma Wei and the rest of them, their situation was not better off. Shen Liang didn't have the time to explain anything. He rushed out to control the horses and disregarded the fact that he was still feverish, his physical constitution was in poor health, and he didn't have the slightest strength in his arms. Shen Liang was unable to control the horses.

"Liangliang!"

Thank goodness Qi Xuan reacted fast. She hurried forward to grasp onto the reins. After control was regained, she wielded the whip and hit hard to increase the horses' speed. Seeing such, Qi Yue also hurried out from the inside of the carriage.

"Liangliang, your hand... I apologize, it's because we were too useless."

The torrential rain came without warning but also ceased without a moment's notice. They didn't know when it had stopped, but Qi Yue reached out for Shen Liang's hand. The rims or her eyes reddened as she examined his palm. Their eldest young master entrusted Shen Liang to them because he trusted them. But they....from the very beginning, they weren't able to protect him. 

"No matter. We must hurry."

As he turned back to look at the rapidly approaching bandits, Shen Liang retracted his hands. His face was anxious. If those people originally intended to arrest and keep him captive for a few weeks as to ruin his reputation, they were now after his life. Just from the rapid increase in their speed, Shen Liang could tell that. The three of them didn't know any martial arts. From their life at the countryside, each of them were weaker than the other. The moment the bandits caught up, their deaths would be inevitable.

Slam!

"F*ck! If that carriage doesn't stop any sooner, Lao Tsu will be rude!" *Lao Tsu is just an arrogant way of addressing oneself. The bandit means he'll resort to more excessive means.*

The carriage behind suddenly overturned. What followed was the clamor of the bandits. The master and servant group of trio all had an ashen expression. Qi Xuan whipped the horses fiercely and forced them to pick up speed, but how was it possible for regular horses that were pulling on a carriage to outrun the horses bred for speed?

"Stop right now!

Clip-clop. Clip-clop! Clip-Clop!

"I told you to f*cking stop, you hear me?!"

Soon after, the bandits wielding the sharp blades caught up. The carriage was surrounded and the moment they pulled to a stop, it was evident the bandits would use force.

"Yuuuu!" *This is the sound signaling for the horse to pull to a stop.*

"Reporting! There's company further up front!"

Just as Shen Liang was deliberating whether to pull to a stop and allow them to capture him first before thinking of another plan, the sound of horses' hooves resounded from before them. Amidst the cacophony, was the sound of men and soldiers reporting.

"Qi Xuan, turn left up front!"

Perhaps others wouldn't understand, but Shen Liang had went through too much. He could tell from the simple soldier's call that soldier was well trained and versed. He was most likely part of the military and their aid could be utilized. There was a glimmer of hope yet.