4

Damien (Neo) Brown (18)

So I went to the location Shan had sent me. It was a nice house. It was a little bigger than hers. It was in a nice neighborhood too.

Shan💚

im outside
Read 5:41 PM

__________________

She came outside. I seen a boy and girl who looked alike standing by the door. They looked familiar but I shook it off. She waved bye to them before getting in the car. She got in the car and I got a strong ass whiff of weed.

"What's up Shan." I said speaking first. She put her seatbelt on and pulled out her phone. She started typing away.

"Damn, you can't hear a nigga now?" I said already getting tired of her shit.

"Oh my bad. Hey." She said before starting to type away not even acknowledging me. I rolled my eyes. This shit aint even it for real.

"Yo ass acting real fucking weird bruh. I don't know if it was that weed they gave yo ass but you needa fix that shit real talk."

"Boy not you tryna put me in my place. Try again." She said laughing.

"Ashanti, Ian playing with yo ass. You know what bruh, Ian even tripping bruh. You not even my girl."

"Exactly."

The rest of the ride was quiet. We got food, didn't talk. We went to the store, didn't talk. The ride back to the house she was at, we didn't talk.

"Bye Ashanti."

"Bye." She said slamming the door. I pulled off not even waiting for her to get in the house.
_______________

"Nah cause why the fuck yo sister keep playing wit' me dog." I said taking a pull from my blunt as I talked to Zac.

"What you mean she playing with you." He asked me looking confused as hell.

"Bruh. You know we been getting close and shit and she call me her bestfriend. but im tryna be more than bestfriends and she just starting to act different. Like that shit weird as fuck." I said taking another pull.

"I'ma just stop yo ass right there. Both you and her are hoes so aint no fucking way ya'll gonna be able to stay together. Second, she only act weird if she peeped some shit she didn't like." He said making me a little bit aggravated. Because not only did the situation with my mom happen 2 days ago, I said I was good.

"Ight bruh." I said sucking my teeth. We finished smoking before I drove myself back to my crib.

I hopped in my bed and called her.

Shan💚
connecting...

whats up?

thats what im tryna figure out...

thats not how you answer a phone

thats how i answer mine
like whats been up with you lately
yo ass been on so weird shit...

ian been on nothing. im just chilling

nah cause yo ass dead still mad about what happened tha other day at my crib?

nigga if you over it, im over it. she not my mom nor do i live there so why should i give a fuck.

that's exactly what im tryna figure out.
if i told you that I dont care about what she say why the fuck was yo ignorant ass tryna make it a big ass deal?

why the fuck you talking to me like that first of all. the fuck. ion know where the fuck you been but that shit needs to get cut the fuck asap.

man all im tryna figure out is what the fuck we doing. like i feel like you know im fucking with you but you just tryna push this shit off as we friends.

where the fuck this coming from? i dead thought we was just vibing.

you know damn well you seen them comments under your video. cause i seen the shits and i dont even be on youtube.

broo. i was just chilling. I wasn't even thinking of us like that for real. like you cool peoples and you not ugly or nun but im not ready for a relationship for real. like ima just keep it a thousand wit' chu. im a hoe.

im a hoe too. we can be hoes together. you dead tryna make excuses and ian going cause i already got my mind set on what i want.

but you not tryna listen to what i got to say. like im tryna tell you. i have hoes and im not finna drop my hoes for another hoe.

ight.
well let's do this. we gone see what happen on the low. you know im yours and i know you mine and we see what happen.

Neo. i dont want to go out with nobody. how about we just chill and if it take us to a relationship then thats what it is.

ight bruh.

and that shit gotta go. all that you calling me bruh and shit. Im a whole ass female.

So yo ass needs stop calling me that
bullshit too. The fuck.

Ight neo.
____________________________

She hung up in my face. I sucked my teeth. Man. She was dead ass the only person that could get under my skin. She was tap dancing on my nerves.

"Damien. Come here." My mama said calling for me. Everytime ha ass call me we always end up arguing. To be honest, that shit made me who I am today.

I don't live nobody for real, I get real distant, I don't care what nobody think, and I could care less about what a mother fucker got to say about me or mines.

"Yes ma?" I said meeting her in the living room.

"Yo dad said he finna call you so just answer when he do." I shook my head and attempted to walk off.

"What the fuck I tell you about walking off when I'm talking to you." She said throwing a pillow at me. I caught it and walked back.

"Stop throwing stuff at me man. I aint do nothing. You was done talking." I said getting fed up with the shit.

I walked off grabbing my keys so I could go clear my head. Probably smoke some more. Go chill with Shan.
_________________
"Shan, I really just need to talk to somebody." I said as she sat in the car with me. It was dark, we were in the back, the car engine off along with the lights.

"What's up?"

"My mama bruh. Like she really getting under my skin. And i know she got problems mentally. She bipolar. So we cool one minute and another minute she on my head about some shit that got nun to do with me." I said laying down on Shan. We were sitting in the backseat. She grabbed my hair and started playing with my curls.

"I don't know what to say. Cause you already know how I feel about her. But now figuring out she got bipolarness, I really think you just need to take yo time with her..."