Chapter 6 ~ Zombies!?

————————————

————————————

I awake sharply to my side burning with pain. I cry out as I shoot up straight from my lying down position. I gingerly bring a hand to my side and look down to see it’s been covered with strips of t-shirts as a makeshift bandage. 

I get up from where I was lying on a sheet on the ground, wincing slightly at the radiating pain on my side from doing so, and take a look around. I’m in a large building that looks like it used to be some sort of shopping centre although half of the floors are covered in a thick layer of sand. 

I stand up straight and start to walk around the building. Where are the others?

“Hello? Guys?” I call out as I wander around in the dim light of the building. I hear the dull sound of voices from around the corner and cautiously walk around the corner. I bang into someone suddenly, causing me and the other person to both shout out in surprise. 

“Cassie!” The person, Minho, exclaims as they pull me into a hug. I hear more footsteps and see Thomas walk around the corner.

“You’re awake!” he exclaims with a happy grin, “How are you feeling?” I shrug.

“It still hurts but i’ll be fine,” I answer as I pull back from Minho’s hug. 

“Where are the others?” I question curiously. I had to walk half-way across the building and down a flight of stairs to bump into them. I’d think that at least one of the others would’ve been closer by.

“I told Jack to stay with you while we searched around the place for supplies,” Minho tells me. 

“Well there was no-one there when I woke up,” I say with a shrug. 

“We should keep taking a look around. We might find something useful,” Thomas says as he leads us down the hallway, holding out a flashlight to guide us. 

“So, can you maybe explain the whole story around why we had to leave the compound? Other than the fact that Janson has proved himself to be completely crazy,” I ask Minho as I walk beside him. 

As we walk, Minho explains to me the bodies that Thomas and Aris found, how Ava Paige is still alive and that Janson was WICKED the whole time. The last one wasn’t much of a surprise honestly. 

Lastly, Minho tells me about the Right Arm. A resistance group that Thomas and Aris overheard Janson talking about. They live at the base of the mountains which is where we’re headed. 

We keep walking and eventually reach some sort of electrical room or something. We look around and see all the various machines that look like handmade generators. 

“They had power,” Minho states. Minho and Thomas start to look around the room and spot a pair of doors in the corner. They walk up to it and start to walk through. I quickly rush after them, not wanting to be stuck alone in the creepy building in the dark.