"You could use that excuse for our first encounter maybe even our second, but Tyla told you she was my sister. You're even iffy when it comes to my other sister. It's gotten to the point that my family doesn't like you. So, what is the real issue here?" Isaac said.

"And be warned we can tell when you're lying," Ahsha said. Veronica looked from Ahsha to Isaac.

"I'm your mate!" She yelled. "Yes, you are." he trailed. "I'm supposed to be the most important person in your life." She snapped.

"And you keep picking them over me! I'm supposed to be your family too!" She yelled. Ahsha looked at her brother then back at Veronica. "How so?" Dalia asked her.

"Isaac you're supposed to be on my side. I get that you're close to your family, and I love that. I thought that one day I'd be seen as family too, but your mother and sisters hate me. And you never defend me or stand up to them." She said with frustration in her voice.

"I know I didn't make the best first impression with Ahsha, but I haven't done anything to your mother or your other sister. They have no reason to hate me." She said.

"Did you think after you were rude to me that my mom and little sister would become your bestie?" Ahsha asked. Veronica looked at her annoyed.

"Whatever issue we have should've stayed between us." She countered. Ahsha snorted.

"I don't know how your family works but with mine if you have an issue with one you have an issue with us all. The only reason you've been tolerated this far is because of him." Ahsha said pointing at Isaac.

"It's been nearly 5 years and you're still holding a grudge. You're a mother! And that's the example you want to set for your—" She gasped, eyes wide as she stared at Ahsha who was only inches away from her face.

Flames had erupted from Ahsha's eyes as she stared Veronica down. As soon as Veronica brought up her being a mother Ahsha was out of her seat and flying over the desk. The only thing holding Ahsha back was Ares.

He was holding her tightly in his arms forcing her hands down to her side so she couldn't react. Isaac moved to stand protectively in front of his mate staring at his sister. "Mention my child again and I can promise not a person dead or alive will be able to protect you."

Ahsha spoke so calmly that it sent a wave of terror across the room. "Ahsha—,"

"No. I've let her slide on more than one occasion out of respect for you, but to bring up my child—I'm done. If she says something else about my parenting or motherhood, I'll bury her where she stands." She finally snapped cutting her brother off.

"All the times I've let your homicidal mates slide you say this to me?" Isaac questioned. Ahsha and Isaac stared at each other the static building in the air.

"Are you challenging me?" Ahsha questioned. Dalia and Taj both stood rounding the desk rushing towards them.

"This hearing is to get to the bottom of everything. I know Veronica shouldn't have brought up your parenting or your child but I'm not going to let you touch her." He said.

"Do you think you can stop?" Ahsha questioned. Ares looked at Ahsha's body feeling it warm. "You need to take her to another room. Calm her down." Dalia told Ares.

Ahsha

With everything that happened, it was decided that we take a small break. Ares carried me into a separate room away from everyone including my brother.

He sat me down cupping my face. I stared into his eyes only calming down a little from his touch.

We were looking at each other for a moment when he smiled. "I like this new you, little monster." He complimented. It was taking a lot not to laugh. I was holding it together when Malik came in carrying Nas in his arms.