Chapter 30 - Christmas Eve Part 2

Start from the beginning

Lori smiles happily at Kara saying that, with her sitting in the blonde's lap.

"Love you, mommy." Lori says, looking up at Kara, into her eyes.

"I love you too, baby." Kara replies, and places a kiss on one of Lori's cheeks.

"Well, I think your hair looks lovely, Lori." Eliza smiles.

"Thank you, grandma." Lori smiles back.

"Did you make sure to thank Lena for helping you do your hair?" Eliza asks.

"Oooo... No." Lori says, with a look of realisation on her face.

Lori then proceeds to jump off Kara's lap, readying herself to run back upstairs to thank Lena. However, Kara grabs Lori's arm, and prevents the 7-year-old from doing so, because she can hear that Lena has just got into the shower herself.

"Lena's in the shower, baby." Kara says, "You can thank her once she gets down."

"Yes. Okay." Lori nods.

*****************************

It is now a few hours later, and currently Kara, Lena and Lori have been spending the last hour and a bit walking around Midvale. Kara has been showing Lena and Lori all the sights of the town, and the places she visited the most growing up, or the places that actually have a lot of meaning to her. Of course, this did include Kara taking Lena and Lori to her favourite diner, which she and Alex went to, regularly, after school. However, they didn't really eat any food in there. Kara just ordered herself a sandwich, as she can eat for days, while Lena and Lori both got a milkshake to drink as they continue to walk around the town.

Right now, Kara, Lena and Lori are walking into a park which is right in the heart of Midvale. Kara actually used to come to this park a lot when she first came to Earth. Kara liked the park because it actually reminded her a bit of a similar place back on Argo, on Krypton, so it made her feel more connected to her family that were gone, while also giving her a bit of solitude to be alone. Of course, in the first weeks and months when Kara first got to earth Eliza, Jeremiah and Alex all kept a strict eye on Kara, wanting to know where she is most of the time. In this regard, Alex was sort of put in charge of making sure to stay with Kara, or know where she is, when they were coming home from school every day. So, when Kara did want to just be alone in the park, she would tell Alex, who then made her promise to be home before either Eliza and Jeremiah got back from work, before letting her be by herself.

In the park, Kara wouldn't sit in any of the main areas or anything, she wanted to get away from all the people. The park itself isn't a busy park or anything, so Kara could have sat on one of the benches in the middle of the park and likely not seen more than 3 or 4 people over an hour's period. However, Kara wanted complete solitude, where no one could see her. So, Kara would venture further into the park, past a few trees, until she eventually came across this flat area in the middle of the park, with a bunch of grass, and a little stream. Everything just felt so quiet and less overwhelming there, it made Kara feel completely at peace. She would then stay there, in her spot, for about an hour, thinking of her family on Krypton, and even mourning them, before leaving and heading back to her new home.

"Kara? Where are we going?" Lena asks, as the three of them are walking off the path of the park, and between some trees. "I didn't exactly put on shoes appropriate for hiking."

"Oh, don't worry. It's not far." Kara says.

Kara, Lena and Lori then continue walk between the trees for a few minutes, before they finally come across Kara's spot in the park. However, it doesn't really look like how Kara remembers it, it looks a lot smaller, and the stream is virtually dried up, and not just because it's winter.