Episode 19 - Without You

Felix's eyes widened but deep down he'd already known. It was her eyes that had given her away. He had one instinct and on instinct alone.

He moved closer and pulled her to him. She felt temporarily safe in the warmth of his body, shielded by his arms. She sank into his embrace, a silent stream of tears falling down her cheeks.

"Tell me what's wrong," he pleaded. His hand cradled her head. He kissed her gently in an attempt to make her feel at least a little bit better. He was going to kill Scarlet Moth. He was going to wrap his hands around his throat and squeeze the life out of him.

"It's -it's my mom. She's... gone. And there's nothing I can do about it. I have to keep running around, saving people who can't save themselves. Save people who don't even care about the girl under the mask."

"Don't worry, Mari," he whispered in her ear. She felt the warmth of his breath on her skin. All she wanted was for him to carry her very far away from here. "I'll help you get rid of Scarlet Moth."

She paused. "Scarlet Moth? How do you know he's Scarlet Moth?" She pulled back and that alone was enough for him to regret opening his mouth. But now he was compelled to continue; there was no reason to hide what he knew.

"I'm akumatized, Mari," he told her. "I'm Vex." She pulled back, astonished. He forced himself to keep talking. "Scarlet Moth, my uncle, akumatized me multiple times. That's how I have powers."

"You're uncle? Gabriel Agreste?" she exclaimed. He nodded.

"He's been right in front of me this whole time!" she continued. "Why couldn't I see it?"

"It's not your fault," Felix replied. "If Adrien can't figure it out, then I don't know why you should have to." He moved closer again, relieved when she didn't fight him.

"I'll help you defeat him," he told her, his voice kind. "And then you can deakumatize me." She nodded, then buried her head in his chest. "I want to stay like this for a moment," she whispered. "Don't let go."

He smiled, no traces of his usual smugness in his face. "Don't worry. I wouldn't dream of it." After a moment of just standing there, comforted by each other's embrace, he kissed her. The kiss grew more intimate. His hands slid up and down her waist, yearning to feel every inch of her, unable to remain in one place.

This time there were no interruptions. They kissed, the only sound was their heavy breathing and the noise from their lips.

"Thank you, Felix," she said, her face against his.

"For what?" he asked.

"For being there for me," she told him. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Good, he thought, because I don't know what I'd do without you.