Episode 6 - Kiss

Lunch. Marinette swiftly made her way through the line. She'd escaped from her desk as fast as possible and was dreading her impending return. She was still bristling from Felix's haughty air. His mere presence irked her.

She noticed he sat at a table completely alone but seemed content with himself. Even Adrien was hesitant to start a conversation with him. He stopped by the table, they exchanged a few words, but then Adrien went to join his friends.

Marinette sat at the edge of the table. She used to sit in the middle. Alya sat beside her and on her other side was Lila. Across from Alya was Nino, and beside him Adrien. Kagami was beside him, their arms intertwined. The others filled in the empty seats, Rose and Julika beside one another, then Mylene and Alix.

"Dude," Nino said. "Did something happen between you two?" He gestured to Kagami and Adrien, who were sitting as close together as their seats would allow. Adrien laughed sheepishly and ran a hand through his hair. Kagami smiled, her nervous awkward smile.

"Well... yeah," Adrien told them. "We went on a date and now we're a couple. It's going really well."

Everyone cheered for the new couple, seeming to forget the crush Marinette still had. Lila congratulated them the most, sliding a triumphant glance at Marinette when no one was watching. Lila did like Adrien, but she was still satisfied Marinette couldn't have him.

"I'm so happy for you," Lila purred, her eyes unable to avoid Marinette's glower. Her lips curled up in a smirk. "You two are so cute together."

"Thanks Lila," Adrien replied.

But she wasn't finished yet. "Can you kiss for us?" she asked sweetly. "It's always so exciting to see new couples kiss."

Kagami took Adrien's hand with barely concealed excitement. Again, he chuckled uncomfortably. But then his eyes found Kagami's and his embarrassment seemed to melt away. He leaned in, looking like a true man in love, and pressed his lips gently to hers. The kiss grew more intimate; he held the sides of her face, his mouth opened. The two began to breathe heavily.

"Oh, you two should get a room!" Lila exclaimed, her hand swatting the air animatedly. "This is just too much..." The couple broke apart, but their stares lingered on each other.

Marinette clenched her fists under the table and bit her lip to keep from crying out. She couldn't watch this. A deep, gut-wrenching jealousy took hold of her. She closed her eyes and focused on her breathing. She needed to control her emotions before she got akumatized.

As long as he's happy, right?

She tried her hardest to believe it. No one seemed to notice the raging feelings inside her. It was slightly infuriating and also quite a relief.

Her thoughts unexpectedly returned to Chat Noir's statement. "I don't love you anymore." Everyone was leaving her. Her eyes scraped over her friends, their gazes fixed on Kagami and Adrien. On Lila, who was finally having her way, stealing Marinette's friends, her life.

She slid off the seat and no one even noticed her as she took her leave. No one inquired as to where she was going. She picked up her tray, her appetite vanished. She intended to escape to the bathroom, to control her feelings before Hawkmoth could take advantage. Just focus on walking. One foot in front of the other, again and-

"Marinette."