Monster

Day 3! It's Monster. Of course, since it's Halloween I had to use this- but this one was a tricky one for me- I wasn't quite sure what to do for this day.

An obvious one is turning Sabre into a monster- but that felt too plain for me.

Crafting Dead would be a fun one to do mainly with zombies.

Maybe characters are turning into monsters or it's a monster au!

My Story though is different.

Twisted Rainbow. This is the scene where Sabre destroys the universe, but Shadow Sabre better understands how to convince him otherwise. This is a trigger warning chapter and I'll show where the warning is when it comes. (Self-destruct button warning-)

Shadow Sabre

This was me? I was him. I was... exactly like him. I looked down at myself in the reflection of the water as panic rushed over me. I am no better than him. I am exactly like him! I'm a monster like him. I am him.

"See! Can't you see yourself now! You are no better than me! It doesn't matter if you were trying to help them! How could they trust Someone who shares my face!" Sabre laughed at my face as he stood behind me.

"At least I am doing something now!" I snapped back trying to ignore my own panic, my own fear.

"Where were you when I was weak! When I needed help! What happened huh?! You think you deserve mercy! You think that anyone in this world deserves my mercy!" He flies up above and in front of me. My mind races.

"These yellow Steve's helped me when I was hurt! I don't know why they did, but they helped me. I think they would have wanted to help you too!" I shouted at first thinking of the first people who were kind to me. All of this could have been prevented if I had been kind to him.

"Those are just some random Steve's suffering Because of your actions!" He snapped back. I saw power form in his hand. He was going to hurt us all.

He was going to destroy everything.

"After this none of this will matter! We will all be free from this world's suffering!" A green light surrounded him. "Say goodbye Shadow!" He says as a ball of light appears in his hand.

"What about M!" I screamed at the top of my lungs for him to hear me. He froze.

"Does M deserve to die? He is the only one who should live!" Sabre lowers his head.

"In the end he chose you. A shadow of myself."

"Because he wants this world to live! He wants this world to continue. You have stopped the darkness and Rainbow Steve! Now he can take his place in this broken world and fix it!"

"We will never know..."

"We can! Just leave the Steves alone! Let the innocents live and the others suffer. Like I will." He looks at me.

"If I don't do this. You will be seen as a monster, someone no one wants to be around, you are my shadow. And they see me as a monster."

"I'll take that title if it means M will live," I told him. He looks down at me and lowers his hand holding the ball of light in his hands.

(Warning here)

"Let's see how well you do then shadow. If you want this world to live so baldy... maybe it's me who shouldn't live. At least I know for certain my suffering will end." He tells himself. Suddenly he puts the orb on himself. Light fills the air and he was gone leaving me alone.

(Warning end)

I went back to the water and started at my reflection. Did they know? Did M know I looked like this? Did they all know I looked like a monster?

I coughed heavily and held my side in pain. I... I didn't look like darkness anymore. I looked just like him now with black clothing instead. I took off his stupid blindfold and let it sink into the lake's water. My dark black eyes could be seen.

At least I look a little less than the monster than he was. I sat down ignoring the aching pain in my chest and back and breathed,

Maybe the monster this world will have to worry about is the face I now have—nothing else.

For M and Yellow Steve.

(Words 623)