Vol. 5: Chapter 13.2 - An Interesting Talk Amongst the Chaos

Start from the beginning

"Mori finally got a win," commented Akito.

"It's only a matter of time, ya know? She's pretty unathletic but she's still a member of the volleyball club," said Ken.

"That's surprising. I don't think she applied for any clubs back then," I mused.

"We've talked a buncha times whenever our teams interact about usin' the gyms, so I know. She was a bit late, but she did join durin' the first semester. And in terms of seriousness, Mori's more of a casual member than anythin'. That's what she told me, at least."

"Ehh, is that even allowed? I'm pretty chill in my club, but we can never slack off. Won't Mori's seniors chew her out?" asked Akito.

"Their upperclassmen are pretty lenient, apparently. And they have a lotta skilled senior members, so the first-years hardly get enough motivation to become regulars."

"So none of the new recruits are good, huh? If the third-years are doing most of the heavy lifting, then the team is doomed once they graduate."

"Well, there's Class C's Andou, and one girl from Class B who's really good. I've seen her play a lot during practice with the seniors. I think her name was Busujima...?"

Busujima Rin. She's a really athletic student who's also great in academics. That explains her excellent performance during the 100-meter dash.

"That's her," pointed Ken.

"Ah, that girl."

She took second place very convincingly, only behind Yajima Mariko from Class D. Matsushita from our class came in third after them.

"Ahh, we just can't win against the track and field duo of Class D!" cried Ike.

"Are you falling in love with Kinoshita-san again, Kanji?" Hondou teased him with a smirk.

"Don't even joke about it, Ryoutarou. Remembering what happened back then still pisses me off."

"Well, that goes without saying," he sighed. "That Ryuuen almost expelled you guys."

"I wish I could get back at him," said Yamauchi.

"He's a full-time delinquent with lots of brawny goons at his disposal. What can you even do against that?" asked Miyamoto.

"I personally don't want to challenge that guy with violence, but at least it's satisfying to think that they're the ones in Class D now," said Hondou.

"That's right! Our class is way above them now!"

"But it's not like we can be complacent. Class D may be far away from us, but that's not the case for Class B..."

"You're being quite mature about this, Ryoutarou-dono. I thought you didn't care about anything other than your phone," teased Professor.

"Oh, shut it, Professor. I like reading on my phone, okay?" Hondou poked his nose, looking embarrassed. "And it's important to give as much attention to the people you're talking to. Woah-!"

Ike instantly jumped at Hondou, putting him in a headlock.

"Just admit it, you traitor! You got a girlfriend, didn't you? You're always chatting with someone on your phone, and you're starting to act a lot like Hirata-- even though you're not as handsome as him!"

"I didn't get a girlfriend! I didn't, okay?! And your comment about me being not as handsome as Hirata was uncalled for even though it's true, you bastard!" Hondou repeatedly patted Ike's forearm. "W-What are you getting jealous about, anyway?! You're getting along really well with S-Shinohara, lately! Agh-!"