chapter 28 - emotions

Start from the beginning

"you can talk to me" I give his hand another gentle squeeze, looking up at him with a sweet smile.

"I know. and I will I just-" he looks down as he speaks, nodding. I cut him off knowing what he's going to say.

"need time. I understand." I finish off his sentence and he looks at me in shock almost. like he wasn't expecting me to so understanding? or get what he meant?

I go through the rest of the book taking in every drawing and painting on the paper, spinning gently side to side on Reece's spiny chair.

there's also art all over his room, like on top of shelves scattered everywhere and also a canvas of a flower in black and white that could have potentially been drawn by him. and also at his desk where im sat now there are pieces of paper everywhere, some drafts, some half done, some crumpled up into balls.

one thing I've noticed about his drawings mostly is that there's a lot about flowers. different types of flowers, obviously the sunflower I saw, roses, peonies, lillies and especially daisies. there's been loads of drawings with daisies. which I love to see because I love flowers myself.

"you like flowers?" I ask him laughing lightly, bringing my knees to my chin as I swivel on my chair to see him.

he looks at the drawing infront of me I'm referring to and nods, before he speaks hesitating to do so. he goes to speak but then closes his mouth again, does this quite a few times before sighing and talking.

"she did" he mutters under his breath taking one mire look at the daisy infront of him and then me before looking down and walking away.

"just going to the bathroom" he tells me, shooting me one more look before walking out gently shutting the door behind him.

I linger my eyes at the door he just went out of before looking back at his drawings once more.

I wonder what he meant by 'she did'. it does hurt to see him upset like that, I just want him to know he can talk to me. although it's hard, it would be hard for me to talk about my mom so openly.

I wait for him to come back and he looks the same as before, and he wasn't talking much.

I suggested that we could go back and order some food for breakfast and watch something on the tv with sid. Soph is coming home tomorrow so that means normal routine.

it will bring us out of this bubble we're in which is scary. I liked it just us. I love it just us. now we've got to go home to our normal lives and hopefully this will be the new us. I think these past couple of days have been an insight to something new. It's like opening a new door going from bestfriend to something more and it's an amazing feeling.

"yeah, that will be nice" he speaks in a quiet voice, hands in his pocket, tucking the chair I was just sitting on under the desk.

✩ ✩ ✩

"I'll get it" I speak loud so he can hear me as I walk towards the door that just knocked.

we just ordered scrambled eggs and bacon on toast for breakfast so that's probably what's at the door.

sid rushes towards the door his tail wagging as he waits for me to open the door.

he's been doing that every time the door knocks for the postman and stuff. I think he thinks it's going to be soph at the door or something because of how excited he is.

he misses her, and I know he's a dog and everything but he definitely does. If he's not sleeping on the bed with me he's sleeping in her bed or sleeping on her jumper that was left on the sofa before she left. he's claimed that jumper as his now by the looks of all his golden hairs on it.