chapter 1 - change

change

change.

change is a big thing for lots of people, including myself. some people hate it, some people like change. but I'm sure that's to do with what's changing.

you can always look at it as a negative thing but I always like to think of change as a good thing.

even if the change is something dreadful, which in my case. it is.

my motto is what's the point of being negative when you can always look at the good sides of things. with my situation there's not many good sides but I'm sure we'll soon see.

I'm going to think of it as a new and fresh start because it will be good for all of us.

all of us including me, my older brother Liam and my dad.

we are moving areas, it's only 30 minutes away but it's a different town where I've never been before so it's exciting.

my mum isn't with us anymore, she passed away about 6 months ago from lukeamia which is a cancer if your wondering.

my mum was a very healthy person so it was surprising for all of us really. she loved the fresh air and nature. god my mum was obsessed with nature.

I guess I followed in her footsteps.

that's where I got my name from actually.

Willow.

she named me after a willow tree which might sound strange but there's a meaning behind it. one, she loved tree's so it was a no brainer and also she met my dad in a nature reserve and it was full of willow tree's apparently.

she loved how they were related with elegance and grace and also that it symbolises a sense of belonging and hope.

I loved how much thought she put into my name and as soon as she listed the reasons to my dad, he loved the name as well.

they would both always tell me stories about how they chose me and my brothers names and how they met and what their first date was.

I remember the story of the brothers name exactly. we was talking about my dads parents while we was out at dinner one night and we found out that's how my parents named Liam. he was named after my dads father, after he passed. also the fact that the name 'Liam' symbolises being strong willed and a protector to others. they knew that was the perfect name for him.

I loved their love.

as soon as my mum would walk into a room you could always see my dads eyes light up and the other way around.

the way my dad always brought my mum flowers on a weekly basis to add to her flower vase because he knew she loved that flower vase.

the way they was so affectionate to each other like always holding hands when walking in the street.