chapter 3 - mr. book boy

I leave the meeting with a spring in my step really happy with the outcome

I should have had more confidence in myself that it was going to go amazing but I always have the voice in the back of my head disencourging me.

I'm proud of how I've come so far and I'm excited to see how far fashion designing will take me but you always have doubts.

for example worrying that when the clothes do go live to the public they won't sell or people won't want to work with me or won't like my style but whenever I do feel like that I always think back to my mum giving me that confidence boost talk when i was having doubts similar.

I walk back to my car and search the nearest libraries.

I'm so excited to see what libraries they have around here. hopefully there's one right next to my house I haven't noticed yet. new libraries are so exciting because every libary is different. which some people would disagree with and think a libary is just filled with books.

a libary always has different atmospheres considering a libary is just supposed to be quiet, not all are like that. some libraries have classes going on so that changes the atmosphere and some libraries are dead silent so when your reading you can properly concentrate on your book. or you have the libraries that just make you feel comfortable and safe. they have slight background noise and just comfort you.

I've been to a lot of libraries in my life and the ones that bring you comfort are by far the best because I can only relax completly and indulge in my book only if I feel comfortable enough because otherwise I will get distracted with overthinking thoughts.

the nearest libary from here is only 15 minutes away which isn't far at all.

I put my bags in the passenger seat beside me and start the car.

✩ ✩ ✩

15 minutes later I arrive to this small but tall building and on the little hanging sign it says 'Elsie's Bookstore.'

I lock my car as I walk up the steps and open the door.

the little bell goes off above me.

I look around and it's filled with rows of book shelves. there's shelves on both sides of me and I can just see tiny tables plotted about here and there. It's not busy at all, a few people in computers or a few people reading.

It's not very light but there's lamps so it's clear enough.

I walk a bit further until I get to a desk and there's a lady sitting there with short blonde curly hair.

she looks up to me from the thing she is writing on.

"hi dear, welcome to the libary. I haven't seen you here before, are you new by any chance. I know a new face when I see one" she says laughing at the end.