TWENTY TWO

Y/n stares at him in disbelief, she can't find the words to say anything, so he keeps talking.

"We'd never met.. but I knew about you. I remember Hi- Midori being so excited one day since he had found someone who was willing to let him test on her, a girl around our age named Y/n L/n. Apparently all the tests were a success.. but afterwards something went wrong. You got sick.. and he left out the details.. but you did something to him that made him hate you with all his being. It was all he would talk about for months on end, how much of an evil person you were."

"..Why.. didn't you say.?" Y/n quietly asks.

"Because he erased it from the.. Shin AI's memory. Back then, the only thing I'd heard of you was how disgusting and cruel you were. He wouldn't have said you were 'a nice girl'. Midori didn't want people to know."

"So.. this whole time.. you knew.. about me.."

"I didn't know anything about the drugs.. or about you not really working for Keiji. I'd just heard of you." He clarifies, clearly desperate for her reaction.

"You thought I was this.. psycho.. apparently.. and you still helped me and trusted me.?"

He sits next to her. "I knew Midori was.. bad and that he probably deserved whatever it was you did. And plus.. you're really pretty."

It's completely not the time to be getting flustered, but she is anyway. But this time, she resists the urge to kiss him, since he knows exactly what he's doing. "Stop.. stop it. No, I'm mad at you." She tells it mostly to herself rather than Sou. "I can't believe you wouldn't tell me about this."

"What exactly was I supposed to say.?"

"Maybe something like 'Hey, Y/n! By the way, you got tested on by some absolute-" She mocks, but is cut off by a scream coming from down one of the connecting halls. It's a woman's scream, and it's not a scream of fear, it's a scream of anger followed with heavy metallic footsteps approaching the gallery.

"What's that?" Sou asks, looking over the back of the seat.

"..I don't know. We should.. probably.."

"Yep.!" They both get up and quickly glance down the dark corridor to see what it even if before running. A strangely dressed woman they haven't seen before, pancakes on her head and syrup dripping down into her hair.. and what looks like long, razor sharp blades sticking out her back, she's making her way down the corridor towards them, and when she notices them, she yells and starts to sprint towards them.

"Fuck that." Y/n grabs Sou's hand and starts running away from her, she soon finds out that Sou is surprisingly very fast, so he's mostly dragging her along instead. He goes straight for the elevators, both of them practically skidding across the floor trying to stop.

"Big sis Y/n.! Run!"

They see everybody else in the elevators already, Sou doesn't hesitate to start running for them, the doors already starting to close. The motion sensors must not work, because even though people wave their hands in front, it doesn't stop.

The gap gets thinner, but just as they're about to get through, a blade comes flying towards their heads. Sou pulls both of them to the side to dodge it, making them miss the elevator. Sara yelled something before it closed, but it didn't mean anything since she was cut off.

"Y/n.! Come on!" Sou yells, and just as they're about to run..

BANG.

(help i've only played the kanna route before WHY IS LITERALLY EVERYONE DYING LMAOOOO WHAT IS GOING ON IM SO CONFUSED???? this is so hard to write ommggvvgvggg i'm gonna simplify it bc this is also getting way too long i have gcses to be doing yikes IVE GOT A FURTHER MATHS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE AND MANDARIN MOCK IN THE SPACE OF LIKE 3 DAYS IN A WEEK AND I HAVE DONE NOTHING WHAT HAS MY LIFE COME TO. 再见 to my grades ig