TWENTY ONE

"Y/n, are you feeling okay enough to come along?" Sara asks, holding her hand out. Y/n takes it and stands up. Nodding with a small smile on her face.

"He didn't do anything. Just.. knocked me down a little. I'm gonna try and stop attacking people from now on.."

"And stop swearing too.?" She chuckles.

"..Let's not think too drastically."

Sara throws up her hands in defence and laughs. Everyone seems ready to get going to the control room to try and unlock the coffin. Ranmaru did a pretty good job at convincing everyone, except Hinako, but she couldn't come anyway because she's paired with Keiji.

Y/n and Sou silently walk behind everyone else, quietly brushing past each other's hands once in a while until they arrive in the the monitor room.

"..Uh.. it'd be better if someone who knew more about machines could.." Sara steps away from the screen and looks towards Sou.

"..Show me that." He goes over and starts to fiddle with it. "Nope. No dice."

Y/n glances over to the control panel.
[Gimmick Security]
Level 0 ... Unlocked
Level 1 ... Locked
Level 2 ... Locked

She also notices the fingerprint scanner right next to it. "We need Midori's fingerprint.. don't we?" She points to it.

"We don't know that, meow! Let's all try it!" Gin suggests, taking off his paw and putting his finger on it first, nothing. They all try it one after the other, but as expected, it doesn't work.

"Guh.. thinking logically.. it must be Midori's fingerprint." Alice adds.

"Not yet, woof! Let's have muscle gorilla and the others in the cemetery try it too, woof!" Gin's determined, he always is. Which is what they all really need.

"Y/n and I'll stay, I'll see if I can do anything else here." Sou says, and everyone seems to agree.

Once they're all gone, Y/n sits on the desk and crosses her legs. "Hey, Sou.?"

"Yeah?"

"..Did you know anything about.. the testing he did on me? You were saying he hated me. Why? If I helped Asunaro.."

"..It's.. I don't know.. if I should say.."

"Don't know if you should say.? Seriously? We're past that now, aren't we? You know I'd tell you anything."

"I mean I don't know if it's safe."

"What do you mean? Midori told everyone. It's not like he wants to keep it a secret.. come on, Sou. I just found out everything I've ever known's just been.. made up in my head. I deserve to know the whole truth."

She hasn't processed it yet. Part of her still doesn't believe it. There's just no way that it wasn't real, it was her whole life. For now, she'll say it, but won't truly believe it until she sees it.

He hesitates, but then looks around as if checking for Midori. "Okay. Promise me you won't say anything.."

"I promise." She holds both his hands as reassurance.

"..The testing was a-"

"Alright. We're back." Sara walks in, and chuckles. "Sorry to interrupt your moment."

Y/n rolls her eyes jokingly as if she isn't screaming on the inside from not being able to find out. "Yeah, yeah. Q-taro, how's your back?"

"Surprisingly fine, actually!" He grins. "So, gotta do the fingerprint scanner?"

"Well.. I suppose I'll try too.." Mai says, looking timidly to Y/n. Y/n's not sure what's the status with her, but everyone else seems fine around her, so she'll trust them. Mai goes over and placed her finger on the scanner.. and a blue light shines from underneath it. "W-Why did my fingerprint.?"