SIX

"Ow.. fuck.." Y/n groans, the pain instantly hitting her when she wakes up.

"Didn't I say you should stop swearing?"

She finally opens her eyes and sees the secret room, where she's propped up against the wall; Sou sitting next to her on the floor, instead of the pink room where she last remembers being.. where she remembers..

She instinctively goes to touch her neck but winces in pain once the pressure pushes the collar into her burn.

"..It's not that bad. It'll heal soon enough."

"..What happened.?"

"Miley just used you as a demonstration. You only got one vote, Mishima got the most votes."

"Mishima.? Is he-?"

Sou shakes his head. "He's dead. Nao and Gin are pretty messed up.. the others were worrying about you too.. Keiji told me to take you somewhere quiet. So here we are."

"..Dead. Seriously.. dead? As in, you saw him.. die."

He nods. "His.. uh.. head was scorched off."

That was about to be me.

"How'd you even know about this room.?"

"Because I watched you go in it."

She freezes. "..Wha.?"

"I don't think you told me the truth about that letter, Y/n. I don't think you're telling the truth about a lot of things.. so just who are you? Who was the letter from?" He leans in closer, as if to try and intimidate her into telling him the truth.

She starts feel more angry than anything, she scoffs and smiles slyly at him. "You've got some nerve saying that."

"..."

"You're not Sou Hiyori. Sou Hiyori is dead."

"..Ah.. you know.. huh? Was it in the police training?"

He doesn't know that I'm lying about that? Or is it just a double bluff? I can't know with this guy..

He's a lot calmer than she expected him to be. She just shakes her head. "No. It's none of your business how I know."

"Well, you know my secret, isn't it only fair I know yours? So we're on even playing ground for blackmail.."

Already trading secrets with two people here. Not a good idea. This is definitely gonna backfire on me soon.

...

"I can't. Even if I wanted to."

"..Will they kill you?"

"Probably. I don't know who gave me the letter or anything about them.. I only know what they can do to me." She gestures towards her neck. "Wonder if this was a warning."

"..So the kidnappers are the ones who sent you the letter?"

Fuck. I messed up.

"You don't have to say anymore. I won't tell anyone.. how about we work together? Just us two, nobody else needs to know anything. Deal?"

She thinks for a moment. He could easily go around and tell everyone about the letters she's receiving from the kidnappers, and then they'd hardly believe that he's not actually Sou Hiyori and that the real Sou Hiyori was murdered. Keiji would most likely turn on her too, then once again.. who would believe her when she says he's not actually a policeman.

"Deal." She holds out her hand and he shakes it. "I'm gonna regret this, aren't I?"

"I'll make sure you won't, Miss Y/n."