NINETEEN

"There really was a secret room.." Sou says when they find the room connecting to the library, a sort of control room, many computer screens lined up either side of some sort of panel, speakers and tv screens on the wall in front showing security footage of all the rooms they've seen so far. How much do you even need to run in here.?

"Midori ain't here.?" Q-taro checks behind the desks as if he suddenly shrunk into a piece of paper.

"Woah, this must be security camera footage! How creepyyy!" Anzu trembles.

Sara investigates the 'coffin control system' and Y/n goes over to the collar laying on the desk. "Who's is this?"

"Wh-What if it's a trap!? Won't it explode!?" Anzu holds the sides of her head.

"Stop freakin' out. We're taking it." Kurumada says.

"If we can analyse it, we might even find out how to remove these things." Keiji suggests.

"It could be dangerous, I'll keep it for now." Y/n drops it into her pocket and they continue searching, when one of the monitors flashes red, before projecting a familiar face onto it.

"Ah.. you called?" What looks to be Sou says.

"Huh.?" Real life Sou stares at the screen.

"Ah.. good day.. Huh? Why am I there.? And Miss Y/n.!"

"Don't startle me! Are you.. an AI!?" Alice looks like he's ready to attack the screen.

"I'm Shin Tsukimi.. Ehehe. Nice to meet you." Everyone stares at it in confusion. "Umm.. do you need something? It's embarrassing with you all staring at me.. Miss Y/n too?"

"Dammit, how sickening.. seriously.." Sou shakes his head. "Hey! What's the deal with you!? Got more hints about the Death Game!?" Y/n elbows him slightly, silently telling him to calm down.

"D-Death Game.? What's that.? That sounds dangerous.."

"Doesn't seem to know a thing.." Keiji taps on the edge of the screen. "This is the Sou from before the Death Game.. who knew nothing."

"..So then why does he know me.?" Y/n asks. "Sou and I'd never met each other before."

"How do I know you? Because of course..!" He trails off halfway through his sentence. "Hmm.. I don't really know. All I know is that you're a really nice girl.!"

"Thanks. I guess?"

Is this how Sou acted before the Death Game? He really did abandon his old self. He was cute.

"So.. you know Y/n.. what about Midori? That is.. the real Sou Hiyori. Please, tell us about him." Sara questions.

"Are you all.. acquaintances with Hiyori?" Shin asks.

"Something like that. He's giving us a really hard time right now." Keiji says.

Shin thinks for a moment, then sighs. "He's.. a scary friend of mine.. I think it was in high school.. I met him at school and we started talking. But whenever I looked in his eyes, I felt really restless.. I was so scared, I started sweating, I got anxious. He really seemed to enjoy seeing me like that.."

Sou seems more uncomfortable the more Shin talks. "..You okay?" Y/n whispers.

"Fine." He quickly answers. He doesn't even want to acknowledge that he knew Midori, let alone talk about it.

"I only found this out later, but.. he wasn't even a student at my school. Who he really is, I truly know nothing." Shin continues. "But one day.. he died.."

"What're you doooing?" Midori chirpily pops his head in from the doorway before walking in. "Hey! Feeling the bloodlust?"

"Midori!" Sara exclaims.