THIRTEEN

Y/n kicks Sou out about an hour later so she can go to bed, even if they still don't know the password yet, nobody knows they're working together, which means they can get more done without suspicion.

The next morning, Y/n can only think about two things. The info and the victim video. Something was wrong about it. It was placed purposefully in Y/n's room.. but it's not a victim video. Nobody died in it. Was it just there to taunt her?

She knocks on Sou's door before going to the lobby, but he doesn't answer, so she assumes he's sleeping or busy charging the laptop.

Since she doesn't actually have to do attractions, there's nothing to do. She spends the next few hours wandering around each of the rooms in a loop, or sitting upside down on the couch.

While she's just idly hanging out in the lobby, she sees Nao and Sara whispering to each other, occasionally glancing over to Y/n. She comes to the conclusion that they're talking about the victim video. It's not Y/n's problem anymore. She's chosen to let it go, they didn't know each other. It wasn't anything personal, and she knows he wouldn't do it now. But what she is stressed about is the info. She tells herself she needs to speak to Keiji about that later.

So as more boredom filled hours pass, and she finally runs into Keiji. She sees her chance.

"Keiji.. I need to talk to you."

He rubs the back of his neck and looks away. "Ah.. I guess I couldn't avoid this conversation."

"..What.. did my info say? If it was everything I knew.. you wouldn't be acting like this. Is it my family? Are any of them hurt?"

He doesn't make eye contact with her, he looks off to the side for a couple seconds. "You don't need to worry about it. Your family are fine. There was just something awkward in there, didn't want to embarrass you. That's all."

Awkward.? Like what? I just have irrelevant and mildly embarrassing stories like everyone else.. nothing.. no.. there's nothing.. why can't he just tell me?

"We both know you're lying. Is anyone dead?" She cuts to the chase.

"..."

He can't say..

"Keiji.. is.. it my Mom? Dad?"

He suddenly starts to look really stressed. Y/n's starting to wish he just lied better. Ignorance is bliss.

"No.. Keiji.. they're not.?"

He looks as if he's about to snap, so he turns away and walks away, fast.

What.? It was.. really that bad..?

Before she knows it, it's the end of the sub-game. She wasn't worried, since she automatically got a free pass to begin with, and it seems that everyone else survived it too. They all got enough clear chips to pass.

"Huh.. didn't count on this.." Ranger looks dumbfounded at everyone. He really didn't expect them all to live. "Y'all bastards are cockroach-level stubborn!"

"Don't tell me.. now we have to do the Main Game again!?" Q-taro shouts.

"Not just yet.. gotta save the most fun for last. Turn around and enter the door behind ya! We'll be waiting!"

A loud whirring tells them that the door's open. It's a strange design, but oddly cool.

"W-What should we do.?" Nao asks.

"Don't worry. We won all within the rules.. shouldn't be anything too absurd." Keiji says, back to normal after his conversation with Y/n.

"Guess we gotta, meow. Let's go, woof." Gin automatically goes over to Y/n, they both walk next to each other into the doorway. "Woof? What's that?" Gin points to a bruise on Y/n's arm.