TWELVE

She checks nobody's at the prize counter either, she just plays the video on the centre monitor and watches.

It's.. her.

Before any of this. It was just a few days ago, but she looks so much.. younger. This was her before she knew anything. Before she'd watched people die. To think a false accusation of being a drug dealer was the worst thing that could possibly happen to her.. she'd do anything to go back.

She's got tears in her eyes as she's chained up on multiple parts of her body, but it's from another angle, it shows the front of Y/n and the area Keiji's in.

It's not what she expected though. It's different to how she remembers it. There's only three switches on the wall. One labelled 'KILL INSTANTLY', another labelled 'DELAY' and another labelled 'RELEASE AND SAVE'. There's also another set of instructions on the wall, saying. 'For this trial, the truth is hidden. Keiji Shinogi, you may kill this girl instantly or decide to save her. If you kill her, you will be able to leave and return to a normal life. Delaying will give off the illusion that you are releasing switches. Pick wisely.'

Huh.?

It seems to be playing just after the voice message played for her, which was a lie after all.

"..What the fuck!?" Y/n yells, her eyes wide open and sweat already forming on her face. Man, she looked bad.

"Find the hidden switches.? Is this some sort of game?" Keiji asks calmly, walking to the other side to go and read the instructions on the wall.

"Not a fucking game! I'm gonna die!" Y/n retorts back.

As Keiji reads the rules, he looks back to Y/n, but she can't move her head at all. "Ah. I understand.." He says, and presses the delay switch, one of the clamps falling off of Y/n. He then rests his hand on the kill switch, staring at the back of her head.

"Fuck no.. this is some.. this is some Saw trap shit.! I didn't even deal those drugs!" She exclaims while she feels her head clamp.

"Just hold on.. I'm.." Keiji looks as if he's considering it. Then he looks down and shakes his head. Mouthing 'sorry, kid'. He lifts his hand up, about to pull the switch down, when Y/n starts to cry.

"Please.! I don't.. euurgh.! Keiji!" She looks up at the timer and has pure fear in her eyes, shaking to try and get the clamps off. "Please hurry up.! I don't wanna die.! I don't.. Keiji.!"

He pauses, he looks back towards the kill switch and her, just as the timers about to go down, he pulls on the release and save switch, all her clamps falling off. Then the video ends.

That was.. it all along? Keiji was gonna kill me?

She knows deep down that he had a right to, he didn't know Y/n, and it's not like she was a child or anything. But still.. he didn't even seem bothered about killing her for his sake until she began to cry. What if she didn't cry? What if she..

...

There's nothing else she can do with the video. What would confronting Keiji about it do, other than create unneeded tension. She doesn't want to directly give it to Sara, but she still wants Sara to see it, so she drops it on the floor near Nao and waits for her to pick it up on her own, she knows that Nao'll go to Sara for help. Who wouldn't?

She sits on the couch in the lobby to pass the time a bit, daydreaming about anything else but what's going on. Mostly about Sou. If they had met in literally any other situation. Her justification is that it's her brain and she can do what she wants. But she's interrupted just at the good part of the story when someone sits down next to her.