"You play dirty, Brother. I'll give you that." Zane sighed in defeat as he made his way toward me with a pouting Grace.

"Okay Papa, I will eat." She sighed in defeat.

"Good." I reprimanded as I grabbed some utensils and dished up for everyone. Of course Zane got some salad too today.

We sat behind the counter and ate in silence with the two sulking throughout dinner, but obediently finishing what was acceptable which was most of the food. Grace then left to watch her show which she claimed she couldn't miss while Zane stayed to 'keep me company'. I'm assuming he was there to make sure I rewarded his 'eating' with a generous amount of his favourite dessert. This man is really a child in disguise.

*****

Melissa's POV

I gently knocked with my one unoccupied hand due to my other holding the plastic bag with candy and cookies. I didn't feel comfortable in letting Nolan buy everything and luckily, Mom and I had done some grocery shopping during the weekend and bought enough candy to last us for the month. I'll just have to replace these soon.

The door opened to reveal a pouting Zane. I lightly giggled at the unexpected greeting and tilted my head.

"Nolan tried to kill us." He simply said as he pulled the door open and let me in.

"Ignore him, Baby. He's just being dramatic because I had them eat tuna salad for dinner and told them I'd ask you not to come over and that they would not get dessert if they didn't eat." Nolan protested from where he was washing dishes in the sink.

My insides almost turned into a goo while my knees went shaky at the endearment. I will admit it feels so nice to be referred to with an endearment.

"Tuna salad is so nice, though, "I quickly responded while the sheer shock of the endearment numbed my brain. Nolan raised an eyebrow at me that said, 'Really?' "You don't like it either?" I laughed.

"I only tolerate it because I'm trying to keep a somewhat healthy diet in this household," He scoffed as he wiped his hands on the dishcloth. "What's that?" He pointed to the plastic in my hand.

"Candies and cookies." Zane winked at me with a spark of mischief in his eyes." Thanks for the save, Mate." He planted a quick, but sweet kiss on my cheek as he happily took the plastic off my hands and placed it on the counter. I'm dying tonight. Two endearments, a kiss on the cheek and the murder of Nolan's diet. What's next?

"There goes that diet," Nolan sighed while smiling at me," Thank you, but you really didn't have to bring those, Mel."

"No buts," I sassily chastised as I placed my hands on my hips. "I couldn't let you deal with everything for tonight alone. Now let's go watch some Moana with some candy and chocolates. I also brought popcorn."

He sighed in defeat, but the smile remained as he took my one hand and brought it to his lips. His soft lips gingerly brushed against the palm of my hand in a featherlight kiss that made me shiver from the tenderness."You're amazing." He smiled at me.

"So are you." I said in a voice that sounded awfully breathy to be mine.

The sudden sound of popcorn popping had us snapping our attention to the stove and microwave and there leaned the culprit. A glass of wine was nestled in his hand as he looked at us with an overly innocent smile.