Just Go With The Flow

A gust of wind spread down her spin. Swearing under her breath she pulled the thin jumper closer around her bare arms. She missed the comforting smell of fresh rain and cooked dinner made with love and even the loud cries made by Aliana, the fights between the twins and Lewis complaining about homework due in the morning. Everything.

Screw the gods, she was done. Dark eyes stared hard at the doorknob. Fingers glazed the worn-out door frame. Through the keyhole, she could make out a few words.

"-Wait-wait! It can't end like that!!" Or, Ashlyn's voice squeak in horror.

"I told you you would be disappointed with the ending."

"Yeah, but-"

"Dadddddd!!!" Three voices yelled at once.

"What did I do?"

A genuine smile danced over her scowl that covered her face only a second before. Gripping it tighter, she turned the doorknob.

A very amusing sight greeted her.

Jason struggled as Ashlyn 'tired' (keep in mind, tired) to hang onto a certain blue eyed Son of Juipter. Or rather, to judo flip him. Eve sat on the couch crossed-legged with Aliana inbetween. And Lewis....he was some-what helping Ashlyn.

Reyna knew she was home.

"Hey." The words slipped from her lips so carelessly as a smile spread like wildfire on her face.

Jason was the first to notice.

"Guess who can back?" He questioned the kids.

"Who?" Aliana asked, Jason just jerked his head towards her.

"MUM!" Lewis, being the oldest and all, figured who was standing beside the wall first and threw his arms around her.

Reyna chuckled, "You've grown so much."

"No I haven't-"

"I want to hug Mum as well!" Eve protested, squeezing in beside Lewis. "Ash! You stepped on my toe!"

"Sorry not sorry!"

"Girls...." Jason muttered as he walked over with Aliana bouncing in his arms.

"Look who came back?" He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, she leaned back on his chest, raising her chin up to meet electric eyes she missed so much.

"Hm....." She was about to reach up-when three voices yelled at once.

"MUM! DAD! THAT'S GROSS!"

"Even after what I told you guys?" Jason mocked,

"What did you tell them about?" Reyna questioned.

"Nothing-"

"He told us how mummy and daddy got married!" Aliana said, proudly. The twins tried to keep their laughter at bay, while Lewis just rolled his eyes.

"They're not married you idiot-"

"Language." Both Jason and Reyna said at the same time. "She's just three."

"Nearly four!" Aliana added,

"Yes, nearly." Reyna laughed.

"Ohhhhh, Mum, guess what?" Ashlyn exclaimed, "I got into the A team for hockey!"

"That's great-"

"I'll show you!" With that she disappeared into the hallway. Reyna didn't need a piece of paper for proof, she already knew her daughter would be able to get into the best hockey team.

"What about you go clean up and I'll get the kids ready for sleep?" Jason whispered into her ear. "After all, this jacket isn't going to keep you any warmer than the weather itself."

After Ashlyn showed her the letter informing how her daughter was to play hockey on Tuesdays afternoons and training and all that, she hopped into the shower as warm water ran down her worn skin.

Her bird nest of hair fell down in soft curls as she finished drying it. Wearing sweatpants and a loose t-shirt, she put away her spear-which had kept her alive in the past few weeks-in the first drewer near the bed and exited the room. She was completely unprepared for what she was met with.

Eve was currently laying the last candle onto the ground, which was followed by a tsunami of others. It was as if she was looking into a fairytale, but instead of fairy lights hanging from mushroom to mushroom, it was hanging by stacks of books, bluetack and all shorts. But it was perfect for her.

Candles lay shattered on the ground, forming a circle in the middle, where a certain son of Jupiter stood.

He had changed into a button up shirt and jeans, having also done something to his blond hair, probably added gel or something as it stood up in a mess of a storm.

"What is this?" She whispered, she had no idea why, but she felt as if she raised her voice all this would vanish.

"A surprise." Jason replied, holding a hand out for her to join him in his circle he had made. She took it.

Soft music skimmed across the walls. Jason took a deep breath and wrapped his arms around her waist and another on her right shoulder. They danced, it just flowed, like the waves in the ocean.

"I'm guessing you had no trouble putting the kids to bed." She murmured, looking around. Eve was out of sight and so were the others.

He laughed.

"Maybe."

"What is this all for?" Don't get her wrong, she didn't dislike it or anything, she just...wasn't expecting all this.

"Reyna. What's Lewis's full name?" Reyna frowned at this but answered anyway.

"Lewis Jason Ramirez Arellano-Grace."

"Ashlyn's?"

"Ashlyn Conradina Ramirez Arellano-Grace-but why are you asking?" Jason just shook his head.

"What about Eve's?"

"Evolet Lupa Ramirez Arellano-Grace."

"And lastly, June?"

"You mean Aliana?"

"I like June better, easier."

"But I don't like how Juno treated you in the past, it's basically-"

"I know, Rey. But it's not important right now, it's all in the past. Now, what's June's full name?"

"Aliana June Ramirez Arellano-Grace." She answered.

"Yes, now think about it. What do they all have in common?" She was getting sick of these questions, what did Jason want? She swore Jason was talking like Octavin-"

"I don't-" She stopped. "Their last names, Ramirez Arellano-Grace."

Jason stared into her eyes, as if they could see right through as realization struck her like lightning.

"Reyna....my-our kids already have our last names. The only person who doesn't have a 'Grace' is you."

He slowly let go of her and bent down on one knee.

"Reyna Ramirez Arellano, would you marry me?"

Hello! I hope everyone is doing okay and enjoyed this little story of Jason proposing! This was my longest one yet-with 1007 words! Okay, it might not actually be a lot, but for me, it's a personal record!