14📜

Sunoo didn't dare look at that book

Sunoo didn't dare look at that book. Why would he? It ruined his relationship. And it sucked.

He didn't want to finish it. Not anymore at least. He didn't care about Ni-ki, he didn't care about that book.

The one person he really cared about hates him and thinks of him badly. The worst part is he doesn't seem to care. He just broke things off and that was it.

He was sitting on his bed since he was able to convince his parents he was sick so stayed home for a while.

He looked at the desk that he had in his room. He called this particular desk the special things desk.

Self explanatory. It's a desk where all the special things are. It's mostly pictures of his friends or trips he had been on. But he also had the book there.

He didn't want it there anymore he didn't want it in his room. It was nauseating to look at. So Sunoo got up and marched over to to desk. He picked up the book and held it.

He looked at the pretty cover and felt a but of sadness. He loved this book. He was known for liking this book.

His friends always asked about the book and Sunoo was very eager to answer. Even though they all acted like they hated it they found it cute how much he liked it.

Sunoo realized this was his happiness before Riki. Now he didn't know who to blame. He wanted to ignore the small feeling of hate towards Riki for ruining the book for him but he couldn't.

He did hate Riki for that. He held the book close to his chest just like before. When he carried it around like a baby.

It never left his sight. Like it was made of gold. Like it was some rare treasure.

It felt good. Sunoo took a deep breath and a small smile crept into his face when he held it.

"Ni-ki" he whispered. He felt safe with this book. But it had been so long. He was so used to Riki holding him and being there he almost forgot what it felt like.

"I don't need Riki. He left me over a book. I don't want him"  Sunoo felt like his old self. He felt refreshed. Like he never met Riki in that art class.

Then he looked back at the Special Things Desk and saw pictures of him and Riki. They were really sweet.

Wrapped with lifelong memories. The type of memories that make you smile even just thinking about it. Sunoo let himself smile as he saw each picture tell a story.

Bit like the ones between Sunwoo and his warrior but between him and his warrior. He realized that he really did need Riki.

A book couldn't cure his pain.

The smile on his face dropped. Sunoo felt lost. He felt like he was in between the bad.

He wanted to hate the book. If Ni-ki wasn't something he felt he needed to hide then Riki probably wouldn't have cared. Then he felt that feeling of living in a story. That story. He felt comfort in that.

He wanted to hate Riki then. For breaking up with him over something so little. It was immature in Sunoo point of view. Then he had these memories. Of laughter and feeling like he did live in a novel. Feeling like he was truly loved. Even more than that. He was really loved. By a living, breathing guy that was everything he could've ever wanted and more.

Then he couldn't hate Riki he couldn't hate the book there was only one thing left.

Himself

It was his fault for not telling Riki about the book. He kept it a secret until someone else had to spill it and it seemed worse than it was.

It was his fault for trying to make Riki something he wasn't. Trying to push him into a box of a fictional character. Someone who only exists for 845 pages. Someone who ends up with someone else in the end Sunoo would assume.

He realized that he was nothing to Ni-ki. He was everything to Riki. Yet, here he is. Riki is gone because of Ni-ki.

He picked up a picture of him and Riki when he had begged Sunoo to go bowling even though Sunoo is bad.

He then walked over to his bed. He ended up crying himself to sleep holding the book and the picture of Riki.

The two things that bring him comfort.

He wanted to make it right. He wanted Riki back and he able to read his favorite book without feeling shame. But that seemed impossible.

Who knows what is going to happen.

I am the worst author. I just don't update books. I really have no excuse. I'm not busy just lazy but I will do better.

I got really emotional in this chapter and I don't know why.