Chapter Twenty-Three

"What you doing after this, Sam?" Patience questions as she rest her elbow on Coop shoulder with a deep sigh.

"Probably going back to Beverly." Coop answers, as Nipsey Vigil slowly dies down Coop, Spencer, Patience, Layla, Jordan, Simone, and I stand in the parking lot.

"And you're absolutely right." I inform. "But before that I have a couple things that I need to handle before I can head back to Beverly tonight."

"Like what?" Spencer inquiry.

"Just a couple errands, nothing serious." I shrug.

Coop points to Simone. "How's your new friend going to get back home?"

"Uh," I drag out, I haven't though about that. "Jordan can just give her a ride back and I'll catch a ride back with Layla." I look over my shoulder at Jordan, he stands behind me with his arm wrap around my waist as he leans against the car. "You don't mind right, Jordan?"

"Well, uh," Jordan says as he looks away from me, rubbing his neck.

"Or. . ." Spencer drags out, putting all the attention on him. "Layla can give your friend a ride home."

"Yeah, I don't mind." Layla assures with a smile, she turns towards Simone and says, "But we should get going. Sam, I'll see you later. You got the key card, right."

"I do." I confirm.

"Thanks for inviting me to this." Simone says as she walks towards me with open arms, I step out of Jordan embrace to accept her hug. "I'm so happy I got to witness this."

"No problem." I dismiss as I break our hug. "Maybe next time we should do something so that we can actually talk and get to know each other more."

"Definitely, I have a story or two that I think you might want to hear." Simone informs with a smile. "I'm picking our next place to hangout at and then I'll tell you about those stories, I'll text you the details."

"Okay, see you later." I wave her off.

"If you want to run your errands alone then I can just hang out at your house." Jordan says.

"My errands shouldn't take longer than an hour." I inform. "I'll text you when I'm done."

"Okay." Jordan says as he pulls me into a hug, holding me tightly to him as if he was trying to stop me from disappearing but then after a couple second he pulls away. "Spence, you want a ride home?"

"In that new beauty you got?" Spencer smiles. "Hell yeah."

I step back to stand besides Patience and Coop while they get inside the car, when Jordan backs out the parking space and drives out the parking lot I turn towards Coop and Patience to find them already looking at me. "What?"

Coop scoffs and shakes her head then says, "So, you was really going to let your boyfriend take home some girl, that you met, home without you being present?"

"I trust him."

And I really do, when I was dating Tyrone I didn't like him talking to any girl that was not apart of his biological family tree. Even when he was talking to a girl purely for business purposes was too much, back then I was over jealous, possessive, and insecure girl who got mad when he gave girl a fraction of a second of his attention. But he gave me so many reasons to act that way, I didn't trust him at all but I wanted to be with him cause I thought I was in love with him. Now is different, I actually do trust Jordan and he has not given me a reason to not trust him and I hope he never does.

"But can you trust her?" Patience questions.

Leaving Nipsey Vigil, Coop is walking Patience home and I am heading to the address my dad sent me when I agreed to meet up with him. I didn't want to mention meeting up with him to everybody because I know Spencer would want to tag along, and if I told him "no" then it would just a bigger rift between us. Also I didn't want to disclose my family matters in front of Simone, and the last time my family business came out was at my birthday party in front of Cameron — I ended up ghosting him after that. And I don't want to have to do that to Simone, I really feel like we're going to be good friends, we had click instantly in the bathroom this morning. Any other time I would have not cared if Jordan tagged along but I think for tonight it just needs to be me and my dad, we never really get to just talk without somebody being around or cutting into the conversation.