Love

The sky was a gradient of colours due to the setting sun. Different shades of orange blended together on the horizon as the sky itself blended from blue to black.

The sight eased her mind and brought a calmness to her soul. The silhouettes of the trees were beautiful against the backdrop of the sky as their leaves swayed in the wind. A gentle breeze brought the coming nights chill to her. This was one time that she didn't mind the cold.

Moments like these were when the world was most beautiful in her eyes. Seeing the first star appear,  she smiled. No matter how much times she watched the sunset, watched night sky appear before her very eyes, the sight, the experience, always leaves her speechless. 

She didn't know she was crying until she felt his warm hand on her cheek, wiping away the tears.

A sob escaped her as she turned to face him.

His eyes were tender and loving,  his hand soft as he stroked her cheek, offering her comfort.

That made her cry even more.

Never in her life did she expect to ever experience a love as the one that she had now.

He is her everything. 

"Don't cry love. I'll be with you always. Just like the sun that always returns whenever it fades into the night sky, I'll always return to you".

His voice was calm, his words as gentle as the breeze on her skin. But unlike the chilling breeze, his words filled her with warmth.  Warmth that bloomed from her heart and spread throughout her entire body.

Suddenly the she wasn't chilly anymore.

Smiling through the tears, she rested her palm on his chest, right over his heart.

" I love you so much my heart aches. After being alone for so long, I never knew that I'd ever love someone like this".

His smile warmed her even more than his touch did. This moment, with the love of her life smiling at her,  with his hand on her cheek, staring at her with love filled eyes, the night sky filled with twinkling stars above them and a gentle breeze around them, was in fact, the moment were the world was most beautiful. 

"I love you. I love you. I love you.  I love you. I love you".

He repeated it over and over again but it still hit her like she was hearing it for the first time.

Smiling, her heart filled with joy and love, she pulled her lover towards her, embracing him.

"I love you too."

Their lips meet in a gentle carress.  It was tentative and soft.  Their eyes closed as they pulled each other closer, deepening the kiss. Soft lips moved over each other and tongues swirled together, exploring,  tasting, loving.

Biting her bottom lip, he pulled away.

Her beautiful brown eyes were locked on him. The vulnerability he saw in them earlier was gone. They were now filled with love. Smiling,  he stroked his thumb over her bottom lip. He heard her breath falter before speeding up. He leaned towards her and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. When he pulled away she was smiling at him and he fell for her all over again.

She might think she the lucky one, but he's actually blessed to have found her.

"Let's go home my love."

Smiling, she nodded.

"Yes, let's go home. "

Fin🥀