16|Sing For Me

Zikra tumhara jab jab hota hai
Dekho na aankhon se mitha mitha pyaar
Beh jata hai
~~~

“ What the hell happened? This house looks like a tornado hit it ”
Manik asked taking off his jacket and Raj eyed the stairs making Manik look there only to gasp.

There were glass pieces and flowers and cushions just scattered everywhere.

“ Naina and I came back an hour ago and we saw Arundhati was here. Yaha sab bikhra hua tha. She took Nandini upstairs and I don't what happened but Nandini had an episode, Naina is with her right now ”
That's all Manik needed to know, he rushed upstairs to his room and what he saw broke his heart.

Nandini was lying in Naina's lap and his mother combed Nandini's hair through her fingers.

Her face has was wet and red because of continuous crying. He saw her left wrist had a bandage wrapped but before Manik could question Nandini noticed his presence and coming out of Naina's grup she leapt towards him and embracing him broke into hysteric sobs.

Manik was taken aback however he held her, firm.

Nandini cried and cried, never stopping. Naina looked at the girl with pain in her eyes and rubbing her back left the room.

Manik didn't stop her, neither did he ask her any questions, he simply let her cry and holding her body moved her to the bed making her sit.

Once he found her sobs slowing down Manik immediately poured water from the jug and brought the glass to her.

She drank breathing heavily and it hurt him so bas that he just wanted to hug her and hide her from the rest of the world.

Aur du ? ”
H

e gently asked stroking her hair and she nodded in no snuggling close to his chest.

Nandini kept hugging Manik and he stroked her hair gently dropping kisses on her head.

After a while Nandini called him out

“ Manik ”
He would missed it if he was not so close to her.

“ Hmm ”

“ Tum bohot achhe ho ”

“ Tum se kam ”
He said making her smile and with eyes filled with tears Nandini looked at Manik.

“ Sing for me Manik....... please ”

Manik smiled and kissing her temple said.

“ You never have to plead Nandini ”
She once again rested her head on his lap and waited for Manik to sing.

Dehleez pe mere dil ki
Jo rakhe hain tune kadam
Tere naam pe meri zindagi
Likh di mere humdum

Haan seekha maine jeena jeena kaise jeena
Haan seekha maine jeena mere humdum
Na seekha kabhi jeena jeena kaise jeena
Na seekha jeena tere bina humdum

Dehleez pe merey dil ki
Jo rakhe hain tune kadam
Tere naam pe meri zindagi
Likh di mere humdum

Haan sikha maine jeena jeena kaise jeena
Haan sikha maine jeena, mere humdum
Na sikha kabhi jeena jeena kaise jeena
Na sikha jeena tere bina humdum