"Then what is it then", said Lydia her usually kindly expression replaced with one of barley withheld revulsion.

"It's just", Georgie clutched at the air trying to put her feelings into words. How to explain that Hades was not a bad individual. What evidence did she have to go on; that he made her sleep to recover her strength, that he treated Spike with kindness, that he still tried to befriend Seb despite the boys obvious hatred, that he often looked so sad and lost making Georgie want to hug him and tell him all would be all right. The faces of the other girls told her they would not understand. "I don't know", she conceded massaging her forehead.

"What?", said Eloise. "The great wordsmith herself can't explain why she wants to help the devil fill his home with humans."

Throwing her hands up Georgie wished she had the answers. "No, I can't. And don't call me a wordsmith or any other of the cynical names I know you call me when I'm not there. My brain is frazzled, I'm not thinking straight, and I want a holiday".

Sliding down the cupboard she had been leaning against, Georgie flopped to the floor, banging her head against the side but she hardly cared.

'Oh good', she thought. 'Now they think I'm weak.'

The three other girls looked at each other, animosity fleeing their faces as quickly as it had come. Lydia and Eloise looked awkwardly at each other, silently mouthing Lydia said, 'I think we broke her'. Teeth gnashed together in a grimace, Eloise agreed.

Brain swimming, Georgie wished the ground would open up and take her away from the kitchen; preferably to a beach with enough swell to surf and a café selling hot chocolate, but pretty much anywhere would have done.

"There's something to be said about charities", said Nyala sleepily, turning from her computer.

Georgie did not speak but gave the other girl her full attention, inviting her to continue.

"Could we stop people giving money from charity?", continued Nyala. "Send out emails or fake news saying a charity is corrupt. Would people fall for that? I don't know; I don't spend a lot of time with humans."

Pulling her splayed legs up, Georgie considered Nyala's face and decided she had enough room in her life for one more strange friend. "It could, if we were clever about it and found the right audience."

"But that would leave charities out of pocket", said Lydia, concerned.

"We'll give them the money", said Georgie, head beginning to calm.

"How", queried Eloise. "We're students."

She made a good point but it did not matter. "We'll rob a bank", said Georgie as though it was nothing. "Or get Hades to give us the cash. He would do it", she said to their disbelieving faces.

Clapping, Nyala flashed a brief smile before returning to her laptop. Nodding to each other, Lydia and Eloise agreed. "If you think it'll work we can ask Hades when he gets back", said Lydia.

"Georgie can ask him", said Eloise sharply.

"Fair", Georgie said, picking herself off the floor. A warm flash of fondness for the three girls overcame Georgie. Their situation was sticky at best so naturally there would be tension between them, but they still had helped her when she felt lost. "Thanks guys", she said.

Lydia smiled back as Eloise huffed. Unable to resist, Georgie threw her arms around Eloise's and squeezed her.

"Get off", said the bigger girl, batting a fist at Georgie who skipped away.