Dec. 22nd: Hero in goldpants

Trigger warning: Fertility problems

<><><><><><><>

Once upon a time... No, scratch that. Through all the years human beings have either been crawling or walking on earth, there have been women who can't get pregnant. The crawling ones should stay that way until they've sobered up enough to take care of themselves before ever thinking of taking care of a child, but the other ones need help to bring the next generation to life. Some receive it through medical treatment in hospitals, others through adoption or surrogacy. But there are some women who don't want either of those alternatives, and who refuse to give up on their dream of becoming a mother. And this is where our story begins.

On August 29th in 1958, a wonderful, loving mother gave birth to a very special boy. He was so unique that the world has never seen one of that caliber either before or after, and the most amazing of it all was that he spent his abilities to help others in every way possible. And his specialty was women with fertility problems. He traveled around the world, moonwalking on a sparkling rainbow that took him to the women who fit in the category of becoming a good and loving parent, just like his mother.

It was one of those evenings that the doorbell rang, and a tired husband opened up.

"Now is not a good time..." he started and tried to wave the handsome stranger off with a dismissive gesture.

"I know. Another negative test, right?" he said, and the husband's eyes widened.

"H-how did you know?"

The gold wrapped man with long, black, and quite messy curls smiled sympathetically and shrugged.

"Number 248?" he continued, and the husband's jaw fell. He hadn't even counted them himself, but he knew there had been many.

"Honey? Who is it?" they heard in the background, and a swollen-eyed woman peeked out from behind him. She'd been crying again. She swore she'd shed enough tears, and that she was used to getting the wrong result after four years of failed attempts to conceive, but she wasn't. She probably never would be. But when she came close enough to see the stranger, she gasped out loud.

And then she fainted.

"Oh, my God! Elaine!" her husband exclaimed, and rushed to her side. The stranger looked concerned too, and hesitantly came inside to help, even though they didn't invite him.

"I'm so sorry," he said and took her hand. "This happens all the time."

"All the time?" her husband asked, but he turned all his attention back to his wife on the floor when she started to wake up.

"What..." she mumbled and blinked her eyes. She looked at her husband, who was holding one hand, and gave him a weak smile. Then she looked at the man holding her other hand and stopped breathing.

"Elaine? Elaine! Are you okay?"

But her husband couldn't break the spell the stranger had on her, as he gave her the most beautiful smiles she'd ever seen. "He's... He's... Oh, my God, Dave! It's Michael Jackson!" she finally stuttered, and her husband looked confused.

"Yeah. Hi," the stranger said with a cute giggle and shook hands with both of them. "I'm sorry for causing... This."

He pointed at the three of them sitting on the floor. He noticed the man looking pretty taken aback, and after helping his wife up, he frowned and rubbed his neck.

"I'm sorry, but what are you doing here?" he asked. "And how do you know about the negative results?"

Michael just smiled. He didn't want to tell them about his magical list that kept him busy throughout the year. Grown-ups didn't believe in Santa, so they most likely wouldn't believe that, either. His goal was solely to get the woman pregnant, and the rest was irrelevant.