◦༻ 43...Cold, Dark, Waters

That hand eventually interlocks around his, holding it in a small embrace

"Let go," Y/n whispers in a soft voice, breath touching Feng Xin's ear.

     IT WAS RATHER IRONIC THAT Y/N WANTED TO START FRESH AGAIN, WITH EVERYTHING THAT HES DONE. WITH HOW HES JUMPED UP THE RANKS IN POWER.

     But when you've lost everyone, but one person from your original world; it takes a real toll on your sanity. It also takes a real toll on your sanity when two people, Xie Lian and Hua Cheng, are taking care of you for the sole purpose that they don't want you to completely lose all sense of reality.

     It hurt, it hurt so bad.

     Y/n stopped hurting when Shi Qingxuan came to him, they had so much fun together. How Shi Qingxuan took him to try on jewelry and clothes, how he let him mess with the wind master fan, how Shi Qingxuan did his makeup, how they both got drunk together. Just, how Y/n could let loose and forget about everything.

     So, the natural decision was to turn back to that. Get drunk and all.

     The moonlight glimmers down over the dark ocean, Y/n looks down on it in a daze, wine jar in his other hand. The distant shouts of sailors echo in his ears, only a small annoying noise for him to listen to.

     He doesn't even remember how he possibly got on a boat with a bunch of strangers, nor does he care too much. The gentle swaying of the boat relaxes him, and it's slowly soothing him out of his drunken state. Much better than Hua Cheng's lake-dipping strategy, even if it doesn't work as well or as quickly.

     "Xiu Y/n," A whisper comes forth, Y/n turns around and sees Feng Xin. Feng Xin. Why is Feng Xin here?

     Y/n jabs a finger into the martial god's chest.

     "You shouldn't be here." Y/n says, his gaze still unfocused.

     "You also shouldn't be here!" Feng Xin whisper-yells, slapping Y/n's hand away. Y/n narrows his eyes at him and opens his mouth to blurt something else out.

     "What do you want?"

     Feng Xin sighs, frustration laced in his breath. He quickly snatches up Y/n's wrist, dragging him to a hidden part of the ship. Y/n drags his feet, pouting pathetically as he's pulled around like a rag doll.

     Y/n tugs back, but Feng Xin's grip is relentless and it drives the immortal absolutely insane.

Feng Xin stops at a certain place on the ship that isn't visible to anyone but themselves, a blind spot of sorts. But it isn't really as blind as it seems from a distance, the moment someone steps into the area everything will be seen. But everyone seems to be occupied with something at the other end of the ship, so Y/n isn't that worried.