Eight

~Marcus's POV~

Another day goes by, last week I had the receptionist whatever her name was send chocolates to Alexis since her predecessor sent the chocolates to the wrong person. I'm in the throne room with the others reading like before, this time the story I'm reading is about the Odyssey. Caius and Aro are sitting down reading when the door is knocked on. It opens and we hear more than one heartbeat.

"Ah Catalina" Aro says "is that a present? Who's it for?" I feel eyes on me.

"For Master Marcus" she speaks, I wave her over as I'm on a good chapter in my book "there's also a letter"

"Another letter" Aro muses "that's what? The third one this month? Caius?"

"Why do I hear another heartbeat?" Caius demands, when the receptionist is next to me she hands me the letter first. Setting my book down I take the letter.

Dear Marcus,

Thank you for the chocolates, they are delicious. I can see why Volterra is known for their chocolates. I know my daughter loves them a lot too, she actually has them shipped out to her once a month. Also you make me trying to find out more about you like a man trying to win a woman over and take her into his bed to mark her saying that he conquered her first than any other man.

I chuckle at that.

As your question to love? Yes, I believe people deserve a chance at love. Even if the love may not be true love or soulmate love. Sure some people may find their soulmates, but that's like a one in a million chance. I know that if I ever found mine, I would take him and never let him go. I know I believed my first husband was my soulmate but after I caught him cheating on me, I knew then that he wasn't. So instead I didn't ponder on it, sure I am on my way to making him pay since he's an asshole but if your asking since you met someone and you fear your deceased wife wouldn't approved? I'm sure she wants you to be happy, if you and her had a wonderful marriage and one of you were taken from the other too soon then I believe she would want you to be happy. Anyway, in any form. Like say a cat.

Her name is Mystery, I had a small feeling that you felt lonely so I got you Mystery. She's a kitten who likes to sleep but loves attention, she seemed like the perfect present. She's hypoallergenic so no allergies hopefully, I had her taken to you with special care.

Lastly I have a new question for you: what do you do if you lost someone you think is your soulmate? Would you go into a depression or would you try to make them proud by living every day like it's your last so that when you meet again you have stories to tell?

Yours Truly,
Alexis

I look over to see the receptionist with the resent box in her hands, putting the letter in my pocket inside my jacket I open the box. Looking inside I see a small kitten sleeping, reaching inside I stroke her fur and she soon wakes up letting out a small yelp. She stretches before standing up to look outside of the box before jumping into my hands.

"A cat?!" Caius asks outraged "that's a cat!"

"Go get supplies one would need for a cat and have it set up in my room" I order the receptionist, she nods her head and leaves. Aro and Caius both look at me as I let the kitten who purrs before jumping into the table and sniffs them books before curling up into a ball to sleep.

"That's a cat" Caius pointed to Mystery

"A kitten" I correct, picking up my book I read some more.

"Yeah" Aro closes his book "I'll ask, who sent the kitten?" I stay silent "what's the kitten's name?"

"Mystery" just then I see the kitten get up and look between Aro and Caius. She then jumps into Caius's lap making him jump.

"Scared of a kitten?" Aro asks snickering

"No" Caius hisses "just why is she on my lap?" Waving his hand "shoo, shoo" looking between us "why isn't she leaving?"

"She probably enjoys sleeping on your lap at this current moment" turning a page.

"But who sent the kitten?" Aro asked

"A friend" is all I say