~{Chapter 2} ~ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀᴡᴀʏ.2

Still referring to Vicktor as Vanya for now until I write the scene where he tells the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klara sat on the sofa next to Klaus and Vanya, already with her second drink in hand, glaring at Luther in disbelief.

"What you getting at?"

"Isn't it obvious? He thinks one of us killed him," Diego replied.

"How could you think that?" Vanya asked, shocked he would say such a thing.

Klaus sat up straighter and his eyes fixated on the large man. "You do? That's crazy," Klaus said.

Klara finished with him. "You're crazy."

"That's not what I'm saying..." Luther started but trailed off when Klara and Klaus stood up. "Wait where are you two going?"

"Be right back I'm off to go kill mom," Klaus suggested, as a joke.

"And I'll help," Klara added as the two started walking.

"That's not what..." Luther said again but they were already gone.

This time Diego stood up and walked up to him. "Way to lead Luther," he told him and he too walked away.

Vanya ended up leaving too, leaving just Alison and Luther.

>∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆<

Klara was lying on her bed as the old familiar beat echoed through the house. This made her sit up and listen. Tiffany's voice accompanied the music and she stood up remembering how she and her siblings use to love it.

In a wave of nostalgia, she unconsciously threw her arms up in the air, making circular motions as she swayed around. As the song continued she stretched her arms to the music and swirled, swayed again, and down to the floor and up, improvising a little dance.

She was getting into the tune and motions when there came a loud crash, echoing throughout the mansion, accompanied by a flash of blue light. That cut off the music. Klara bolted out of the door, in response feeling the anxiety build up. I should have never come, she thought. I should have stayed in my flat.

Her siblings appeared to have the same idea. As she headed downstairs everyone was already rushing for the back door. She followed them outside, her heart racing and hands shaking ready to bolt or collapse into an anxiety ball. Looking forward she saw the blue circular light hovering in the air, and inside appeared to be a field.

"What. What the hell?" She muttered to herself.

"Appears to be," Luther said as he began to suggest what it could be. The group continued to stare at the strange phenomenon.

"Move out of the way," Klaus ordered as he run forward with a fire extinguisher and threw it into the portal.

Klara faced palmed and Diego asked him, "what's that gonna do?"

"I don't know. Do you have any better ideas?" he asked coming back to the group but jumped at the sudden CRACK!

"Get behind us," Diego and Luther ordered as the portal began to crackle. Klaus came to stand behind them as an older man attempted to push through.

The group stared bewildered.

"I vote running, " suggested Klaus.

"I second that," Klara agreed to feel the panic push its way out, but as they tried to leave they realized their path to escape was blocked by Vanya and Alison.

The man continued to push through and he began to appear younger. He then dropped to the floor and Klara found her mouth gasping in shock. It can't be...

"Is it just me or does anyone else see little number five?" Klaus asked.

"So I didn't overdo it on the alcohol?" Klara wondered.

>∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆<

ᑎOᗯ

Finally, was over. No doomsday, no apocalypse. She couldn't almost believe it. It felt like a dream she didn't want to end. Every day after they had arrived home, she kept expecting something to go wrong, but it had been 2 months. If anything was amiss it would have gone wrong by now. She didn't need to think about the world ending. Instead, she should be focused on the peace and enjoy it.

Today, that was what she was going to do. She had made plans with Alison and Vanya. They were going to go to the cinema and then grab some food. Something she would have never done 2 and half years ago, but everything had changed. Their time in the 1960s had changed every one of her siblings. They had ended up there after failing to save the world from the apocalypse. Five who surprisingly turned up years later. He had gone missing when they were young teens. Klara thought that he might be dead but never wanted to believe that. A part of her hoped he would return and he had when they all arrived back home after their father's death. The extraordinary part was that he declared that he was fifty-four years old, even though he was now back in his thirteen-year-old body.

Anyway, Five had said the best way to stop the apocalypse from ever happening was for him to take everyone back in time and help Vanya (who ended up being the cause of it). That's what he did, but he got it wrong. They ended up scattered across the '60s timeline, ending up bringing the end of the world with them accidentally but the second time around they prevented it.

Flashback 1

There was a blue flash and she appeared a few feet up in the air. She let out a scream as she hurtled towards the floor and crashed with a fud. It was lucky she didn't get hurt. She scrambled up from the floor and dusted off her clothes as she looked to see where she was. It was a dark alleyway and she was alone. -Where are the others? - she thought.

"Five?" She called out as she began to walk down the alleyway. "Klaus? Vanya?" But there was no answer and no sign of any of her family. "Anyone?"

Her heart started to race. -I'm alone. The one time I don't want to be.- Taking deep breaths she tried to calm down. Remembering the techniques she had learned from several therapy sessions, she tried to think positively. Once a bit calmer she set foot out into the street and began to walk. Looking around as she went she noticed the people's fashion. It seemed odd and many of them were wearing hats. - How strange?- She wondered as she walked past an overflowing trash can and noticed a newspaper so she strolled towards it. Then took a glance around before reaching for it and taking it from the pile.

Above the headline was the date and she looked down at it. 1960. "Shit," she exclaimed and carried on walking deciding to hold on to the newspaper.

End of flashback

Klara smiled to herself as she looked in the mirror at her outfit; a white t-shirt and baggy light pink trousers that were tied around her waist with an equally pink fabric belt. She placed her headphones on her head and turned and headed for the door.

Chill Lara. It's over. Have fun. She thought as she left her apartment and locked the door. The music's beat and melody started flowing from the headphones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry this chapter is shorter but hoped you liked it. 🙂