~{Chapter 1} ~ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀᴡᴀʏ

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ! ᴛʜɪs fanfic ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴs mentions anxiety, depression and self-harm, drug and alcohol misuse, and infrequent swearing. ᴘʟs, ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʀɪsᴋ. ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀғғᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ʙʏ self-harm and/or sᴜɪᴄɪᴅᴀʟ or drug and alcohol misuse. ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴘʟs ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛғᴏʀ ʜᴇʟᴘ. ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴀɴʏ ʜᴏᴛʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ. Or tell someone you trust, like a doctor. Don't feel like you are alone this is a work of fiction, so just because something doesn't help a fictional character doesn't mean it can't help in real life.

This is also why it is rated 15+

ᗷᗴᖴOᖇᗴ

Life of solitude. Life of not trusting others. That came with the ability to read minds. That's why Number 8 locked herself away after her brother's death; number 6.

Too many people said one thing but thought of another. No one was ever genuine with their words except for Ben, and maybe that's why she had felt the closest to him, out of all her siblings, even her twin. It hit her hard when he died. It did all of them.

However, shutting yourself off from the world came with depression and anxiety. Fearing what people thought about you, about each other, and the terrible things people thought about in the privacy of their minds. Though none of it was private for Number 8. She wanted it to be. She hated her power and herself for being frightened to face the world -to face the downsides of her power.

You'd think that knowing what people thought of you or when they were lying was a good thing, but it wasn't. It made you question every nice thing they did for you. It made you paranoid, and that's why she hid away.

>∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆<

Yesterday, she heard the news about their father dying. If you could call him a father. He had never been affectionate towards any of them. He had only been interested in experimenting with their powers and training them. They could rarely do what kids should. Playtime was limited to Saturday evenings only. It was an understatement to say their childhood was rubbish. Often she wondered what life would have been like if their mothers hadn't given them up, but then she would have never met her siblings.

>∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆<

Klara and Klaus arrived at the Academy for their father's death. They had met the night before in the hospital (she had done something she wasn't proud of and Klaus he had overdosed on drugs). Klara had tried therapy and medication but struggled to keep from self-harming. Her power didn't help and neither did isolate herself away.

Anyway, she stopped in the large hallway to look around. The last time she had been here was years ago and she could remember almost everything like it was yesterday. She recalled running through the hallway late at night, playing blind man tag with Ben, Klaus, and Vanya, of course, without Mr Hargreeves' knowledge. The four of them would sneak down in the middle of the night when everyone was sleeping, but one night they almost got caught. Which turned out to be just as enjoyable, if not more than the actual game itself.

"See you later, Klara," Klaus' voice said, bringing her out of her past reminiscing.

She turned to him and asked, "why where are you going?"