Lupita sniffed the air and looked around - not trying to comfort Jazmyn after what she witnessed, she would do that when she knew they were safe. Yellow eyes slowly began to appear in the dark and Lupita's own began to glow an icy blue. She quickly picked Jazmyn up by her neck - careful not to hurt the small creature - and began to run. A howl sounded behind her and soon after followed by many thumps on the ground behind her.

The more they ran the more her wolf started to push and drag at her to try and get her back in the mind space and away from danger, but Lupita had a steel grip and refused to leave her side.

'We are doing this together whether you like it or not,' she growled and her wolf stopped pushing at her, but kept her behind her. Her wolf didn't want her to fight, and having her there was more of a distraction than anything, but she would have to work around i-

'Duck!!' Lupita shouted and her wolf just managed to dodge the flying rouge that came their way. It slammed into a tree and was knocked out cold. Rouges weren't known for being smart.

The large wolf looked around for a place to hide the small, trembling wolf still safe in her jaws. She spotted a large tree, quickly climbed up a few meters, and placed Jazmyn down on a branch. She took the time to breathe, gather her strength, and checked Jazmyn for injuries. She was safe. They let out a sigh and licked Jazmyn's neck, trying to calm the trembling wolf.

Just as Jazmyn was beginning to calm down Lupita felt a piercing pain in her right leg and she was dragged down from the tree. When she looked down she saw about 15 wolves on the ground, all of them jumping and trying to reach her. Most of them were foaming at the mouth as they jumped up and clawed at the tree or bit the branches, but none of them managed to get to her or Jazmyn. She scanned more and found one having a firm grip on her ankle, most likely why she was in pain. None of them seemed to be good climbers though, as they would all fall the second they got a grip on the tree if they got any at all.

With one last glance at a terrified Jazmyn, Lupita let go of the tree and let herself drop, successfully smashing into several of the wolves, but she also managed to land hard on her side causing her whole right leg to erupt in pain. She wasn't able to get up fast enough and she was quickly swarmed with the dirty creatures. As soon as they were on top of her, she could feel teeth dig into her skin and claws dragging at it. Luckily none had gotten to her throat... yet.

Lupita finally managed to stand up and shook her entire body. The pain didn't stop and she quickly took the closest wolf on her body by the neck and threw it off while dodging another that was going for her head. She shook her body to get rid of the other ones, but some still had a firm grip on her, and the ones she did manage to shake off brought some pieces of her with them.

Another wolf latched onto her left leg and began to chew and scratch at her. And with that, she could no longer use her front legs. She took the wolf by the neck, but something latched onto her neck causing her to let go of it while roaring into the night as blood poured out of her neck from where the small wolf was still latched on.

She spotted a tree and rammed herself into it. One, two, three, four times. The wolf managed to switch sides after the fourth one, barely conscious but conscious enough to drag his teeth and claws so her neck began to bleed even more.

The world was slowly starting to get blurry as more and more wolves piled on top of her. She killed a few here and there and didn't understand how there was more. The same wolf still had a steel grip on her neck and the other still didn't let go of her leg. New wolves latched onto her, but they weren't as strong and it was easy to shake them off, but her body was getting weaker.

Her front legs ached and she could barely stand, her neck pounded as the wolf tried its best to kill her by adding more and more pressure. Wolves kept scratching and biting everywhere on her body. Her legs could barely hold her anymore. Her eyes became droopy and her throat got clogged with blood as the pressure on her neck increased.

A howl sounded in the distance and a flash of white passed her line of sight, followed by a glowing, orange ball.

The pressure on her neck was suddenly gone, but the pain wasn't. As soon as her foot felt free, she fell to the floor and began to whimper and pant. A wet snout poked at her chin, but she didn't have the energy to look up at North as they tried desperately to get a reaction out of her.

"Lupi? You good?" a voice said and Lupita opened her eyes to see Valeria crouched down in front of her with a worried look and glowing eyes. "I really wish I would heal you, I do," she said and her voice broke as golden tears slid down her cheeks. "I am sorry for being weak," she whispered and Lupita huffed and barely managed to touch the girl's knee with her snout.

North began licking her wounds, and Jazyn was suddenly beside her, worriedly licking her snout from where she had gotten a scratch. She let out a small hum and closed her eyes, not having the energy to hold them up any longer.

She could sense the panic around her; the wind ruffling her fur; North's licks suddenly stopping. And then...

Nothing.

A/N: hi guys. Sorry for not posting, life has been hectic.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and if you see any spelling mistakes it would be lovely if you pointed them out (kindly please).

Hope you are all taking care of yourselves both mentally and physically. Make sure to eat and drink something.

If no one has said it to you yet: I am incredibly proud of you!!

Hope you have a lovely day/night/evening.

Love you all and thank you for reading. Leave a vote or comment, they are very appreciated! ❤💖❤💖❤💖❤💖❤💖